magnum 500 question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you rotate the tires when the back tires are wider than the front? I've always wondered that. Just swap sides to rotate them?
No rotation unless you use your mustang for daily commuting, I drive mine 3000 miles a year so my tires should last 10-15 years.

My rears wore out before my fronts, in only 2 years and less than 5000 miles, they must have been defective.

:D
Maybe it is like the Toyota accelerator sticking problem (a myth). It's not your fault. The tires must have been defective. Besides all manufacturers say the life of a tire is 6 years regardless of wear. Chuck

weird, my rear tires always seem to wear out before the fronts too. Must be inherent to the Mustang design.

Think I'll write a letter to Ford..

================================ < POSI MARKS!

I have the weirdest feeling we should have pictures to go along with specs.

:)

Well about an hour ago I ordered a mag 500 kit 7/15 & 8/15 semi-gloss from "Mustangs Unlimited" which includes the lugs & center caps for $681 with free shipping......the tires that were on it when I bought it are brand new (215/60 & 255/60) so I don't plan on replacing them....

Well about an hour ago I ordered a mag 500 kit 7/15 & 8/15 semi-gloss from "Mustangs Unlimited" which includes the lugs & center caps for $681 with free shipping......the tires that were on it when I bought it are brand new (215/60 & 255/60) so I don't plan on replacing them....
So how did they turn out, what about a pic?

Jim

They're scheduled to arrive sometime today and hopefully .......Hopefully they'll be installed this week & Ill take a pic......thanks for the interest......bill

15/8 magnums with 245/60 up front and 275/60 out back works very well on these cars. I would not go any smaller than a 235/60 up front. Mike
I'm considering going with the 275/60 on the rear, currently have 245/60 all around and oddly, like others with our cars, my rear tires have worn quicker than my front ones and will soon need to be replaced, does someone have a pic of what 275/60's on the rear looks like? It sound pretty large just wundering if they stick out...plus I love pics. Thanks!

Jim

Thanks Chuck, I took out some of the shadowing of the photo you attached to get a better view, those puppies fit nice...off come my 245's on on go the 275's on the rear.IMG_0955.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So how did they turn out, what about a pic?

Jim
Just got back from having them installed.....nothing exciting or different, but I think it is an improvement

100_1025.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1026.jpg

Just got back from having them installed.....nothing exciting or different, but I think it is an improvement

Totally awsome, thanks for sharing!

Jim

thanks everyone....I'll be seeing just how much people like them in a show just outside of Hershey tommorrow lol

Back