manual disc brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
Anyone using a manual disc brake master cylinder with factory front disc brakes and factory rear drum brakes? The cam I'm using just doesn't make enough vacuum to operate the booster properly. I could install a vacuum pump and reservoir but it is not cheap, hard to hide, and draws more current from the charging system. Has anyone used a manual disc brake MC mounted on the booster with no vacuum applied to the booster? Rod length issues? Piston diameter 15/16, 1.0? 1974 Maverick manual disc brake MC? All input is very welcome and appreciated.

Chuck

Anyone using a manual disc brake master cylinder with factory front disc brakes and factory rear drum brakes? The cam I'm using just doesn't make enough vacuum to operate the booster properly. I could install a vacuum pump and reservoir but it is not cheap, hard to hide, and draws more current from the charging system. Has anyone used a manual disc brake MC mounted on the booster with no vacuum applied to the booster? Rod length issues? Piston diameter 15/16, 1.0? 1974 Maverick manual disc brake MC? All input is very welcome and appreciated.

Chuck
Chuck,

This is what I'm using No power booster at all !..My car was all manual brakes & I did the sot cobra conversion I think you can ditch the power booster all together & use this. Shoot Shawn a email at sot & tell him Scott from the 71-73 board sent you..He will hook you right up with what ever is required to make it work.

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-Aluminum-Master-Cylinder-Conversion-Kit-pr-23520.html

As usual I am wrestling the same devil, more performance with near original looks. The booster has to stay (even if it is not being used). So, I may be at the "buy it and try it point" on a MC. Or try to hide a pump and reservoir. Thanks for the input and suggestions. Chuck

Back