MCA 2023 Grand National, Melbourne, FL 9/8-9/10/23

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Plan on making the drive down to Melbourne in September. It will be a busy late summer/fall with shows in July, August, and September. If you are in FL or will be in the area in early September try and make it by the show. It would be great to meet some folks from the forum in person.

2023 Fun In The Sun Grand National Show

September 8 @ 8:00 am - September 10 @ 5:00 pm
American Muscle Car Museum, 3500 Sarno Rd
Melbourne, FL 32934 United States
Join us at the fabulous American Muscle Car Museum for the 2023 MCA Grand National Mustang Show. Show registration at Each entry will receive two free tickets to the American Muscle Car Museum (normal charge is $100 to $150). Additional tickets to the museum will be available at the cost of $20 and can be purchased at the museum. Entry for children under the age of 18 is free when accompanied by an adult. Both judged and displayed only Mustangs…

The show went well for me. Made the trip to and from without any issues, thank goodness. I obtained a Gold in judging so I now have enough accumulated points to submit for my Blue Medallion with the MCA. It has been a long 7 years of cleaning, investing, and showing to obtain the 20 points needed for the medallion. I have learned alot on this journey. Hoping to get my medallion at the 60th. That will book end a 10 year period of the first showing of the car at the 50th and the end of judging at the 60th.

Did you get caught in the Friday rain?
Congrats on your Medallion!

Did you get caught in the Friday rain?
Congrats on your Medallion!
Sure did. It poured. Luckily Dad and I had been monitoring the radar and decided to close up and start covering the car. I used my cloth cover for indoor storage and put a plastic body shop cover over that held down around the perimeter with plastic clamps in case one decides to go flying. Man did that wind get crazy during the rain. Thankfully, my burrito technique held tight. We went over the the spectator parking area and sat in the van while the storms blew in. We watched as the rain came down in sheets and others were trying to hold down their covers. Thankfully I planned for normal FL weather and came prepared. Come Saturday morning the cloth cover was still dry and had just a little wipe down to do. It was a hot and sticky show for sure.

Received my judging sheet in email today. Of the possible 900+ points in judging I had a 4 point deduction. My second best showing after a only a 2 point deduction at Grovetown, GA in 2018. Just so others know what a judging sheet can look like and the comments made I have attached mine. This is not typically something I would do, but I am trusting my feelings on the 7173 Forum family always being a friendly and understanding group and not taking advantage of someone putting their pride and joy out there. Thank you

Attachments

• Melbourne MCA Judging.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Received my judging sheet in email today. Of the possible 900+ points in judging I had a 4 point deduction. My second best showing after a only a 2 point deduction at Grovetown, GA in 2018. Just so others know what a judging sheet can look like and the comments made I have attached mine. This is not typically something I would do, but I am trusting my feelings on the 7173 Forum family always being a friendly and understanding group and not taking advantage of someone putting their pride and joy out there. Thank you
Very impressive! Congratulations!

Back