60th Mustang Anniversary - MCA National - Birmingham, AL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Just to share the information with the community. MCA has planned the 60th Anniversary celebration of the mustang for April 2024 at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL. I will post some details below. The judged car entries was sold out within days of the MCA announcement. I was fortunate enough to get a spot for the 72. If all works out well I may be eligible for my medallion for concours showing after September in FL. If that is the case I may request to receive the medallion at the 60th. This will be an ironic plus as the cars first showing was the 50th in Charlotte after a 5 yr. restoration. Now at 10 years later I may have completed all of the points required to obtain my medallion. For me that is a personal accomplishment that a lot of work (and money) has gone towards. If anyone has the opportunity to make the show it would be great to meet up. If I can, I am going to try and get the 67 GT up and running as well for the show. Last time I had both cars at a show at the same time was also the 50th.

Mustang 60 Years

April 5, 2024 @ 8:00 am - April 7, 2024 @ 5:00 pm
Barber Motosports Park, 6040 Barber Motorsports Pkwy
Birmingham, AL 35094 United States + Google Map
MCA 60th Anniversary Celebration Barber Motorsports Park Birmingham, AL April 5 - 7, 2024 This MCA judged show will be limited to 250 cars and you must be an MCA member to have your car judged! Judged show is sold out. Your car registration will allow entry to your car, the driver and 1 passenger access inside the park. Any additional passengers in the vehicle will be required to purchase a spectator ticket for $25. A display car…

Attachments

• P1010503 - Copy (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).JPG
    P1010503 - Copy (2020_01_14 17_13_13 UTC).JPG
    663.9 KB · Views: 1
Yes, hard work is an understatement to describe this level of judging. I love the Lime Gold GT, we need more pictures! Good luck on the medallion, your right there. Definitely a bucket list item for me, travelling to a national level event.... Maybe @kevken1959 Kevin will let us bunk in his garage?!?

Yes, hard work is an understatement to describe this level of judging. I love the Lime Gold GT, we need more pictures! Good luck on the medallion, your right there. Definitely a bucket list item for me, travelling to a national level event.... Maybe @kevken1959 Kevin will let us bunk in his garage?!?
Yes Kevin should host all of this site as repayment for all our posts to him drooling 🤤 over his collection of 71-73 . Maybe let us borrow one to take to the show 😂

The 60th will be a big one for me. Finally will be awarded my grill medallion on Saturday 4/6/24. It has been a long period of showing and judging in Concourse to get here. Don't get me wrong, it has been a great experience and my father and I have had the opportunity to spend time together and make great memories over these years. It does come with the nervous periods of cleaning and preparing for judging to culminate in a judging period of 3-4 hours of two judges going over your car. You have to go into the event prepared for the feedback and truly value the time of the judges and their comments to make your car better. I cannot say enough how much their feedback has allowed me to bring the car to this caliber. Just to share with others interested in this path I will attach the grill medallion application I completed last year. This may show the show locations and dates, but please also understand it does not show the significant investment of hours upon hours of cleaning and preparing for each show. Having said that I would encourage others to set their goals in restoration and if Concourse is it go for it. Expect periods of rejection and critical feedback on your car, but know it is honest respectable feedback to improve your car and you.

1710772874881.png

The 60th will be a big one for me. Finally will be awarded my grill medallion on Saturday 4/6/24. It has been a long period of showing and judging in Concourse to get here. Don't get me wrong, it has been a great experience and my father and I have had the opportunity to spend time together and make great memories over these years. It does come with the nervous periods of cleaning and preparing for judging to culminate in a judging period of 3-4 hours of two judges going over your car. You have to go into the event prepared for the feedback and truly value the time of the judges and their comments to make your car better. I cannot say enough how much their feedback has allowed me to bring the car to this caliber. Just to share with others interested in this path I will attach the grill medallion application I completed last year. This may show the show locations and dates, but please also understand it does not show the significant investment of hours upon hours of cleaning and preparing for each show. Having said that I would encourage others to set their goals in restoration and if Concourse is it go for it. Expect periods of rejection and critical feedback on your car, but know it is honest respectable feedback to improve your car and you.

View attachment 86726
Congratulations on you and your '72's recognition! My dad earned the medallion with his 1968 California Special many years ago. It required a lot of work - always refining and improving the car's correctness - and much cross-country travel. He drove the car on a few of the Mustangs Across America events and spent untold hours cleaning and detailing the car for show. After several years of the shows and earning many MCA awards, he and my mom enjoyed touring to regional events to show and share the car in non-judged status.

Geese. I just saw this. I need to go to the site more often. I never got a notification of this post. Can someone tell me how to tell if my “notifications “ are on?

View attachment 86726
Congratulations Brian!

The 60th was a great experience not only for the show but for reaching a goal of my grill medallion for the 72. I am so so happy to have had all of these years and experiences with my father and feel so blessed that we will both share in these memories forever. Just to add more significance my wife and mom also came and I had the opportunity to share the experience with a great friend from Memphis who has been my coach and mentor throughout this learning curve of restoration and showing. A few pics to share.

Attachments

• 60th Awards.jpg
    60th Awards.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 60th Grill Medallion.jpg
    60th Grill Medallion.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Conservator plaque.jpg
    Conservator plaque.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Grill Medallion with Mrs..jpg
    Grill Medallion with Mrs..jpg