Mid Life Crisis

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: from Chesapeake VA! Good luck with finding another Mach!

Welcome from West TN. +1 on the comments about the car in auction. Copart can get a little crazy with bids now that it is more open to the public. Without seeing the car first hand and verifying VIN information I would not go very high or else you are stock with a car you could not register. Keep an eye on craigslist or eBay or Yakaz. These have all helped me in the past locate parts and cars. It is better to see it in person than to pay for unknowns that can cost thousands to repair. Best advice get the most solid body you can. Everything else can be bolted on. Bodywork is what sends you to the poor house. Believe me, I know.

1972 mustang after media1.JPG

This hobby does become a passion and it can be great for the whole family to get involved. Keep us posted on your progress. This is a great family friendly group that looks forward to sharing its passion for the mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fed my midlife crisis (for now) in November. I had a '71 for many years when younger. Now the '73 is proof that I have regressed (although that assumes that I ever grew up!)

Welcome from Northern Virginia.

I can't think of a better thread title.

Previous owner of a 72 Mach 1. Cleveland 2V. Hopefully a future owner again. Searching on line and buying time. Probably spring when I can sell my bass boat. I just don't use it often. Its a hobby I just can't do any more (its a single parent thing).

Thanks for letting me join and I gave the FB page a like too. Whoooo Hooooo activation complete. Now I can check out yall's ponies.

Best wishes.
Question: is bass boat as any leisure vehicle still subject to luxury tax yearly in Florida? Was the case back in the 90's.

Previous owner of a 72 Mach 1. Cleveland 2V. Hopefully a future owner again. Searching on line and buying time. Probably spring when I can sell my bass boat. I just don't use it often. Its a hobby I just can't do any more (its a single parent thing).

Thanks for letting me join and I gave the FB page a like too. Whoooo Hooooo activation complete. Now I can check out yall's ponies.

Best wishes.
Thought i read florida, my mistake
Question: is bass boat as any leisure vehicle still subject to luxury tax yearly in Florida? Was the case back in the 90's.

Welcome from Lynnwood, WA!

I'm almost 40 but not sure if this counts as a midlife crisis (since this is probably too early an age and I've been accused of being a brat still, lol). :p

Dash VIN for sure but I'll echo the advice on pulling the driver side fender to check the VIN there. We had the dash VIN that had a conflicting driver door tag. That and the interior did not match the Marti report (found out the interior was from a 73). When we finally pulled the fender we breathed a sigh of relief on confirming ours was a 71.

Rich

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Good luck with your search and keep us posted on what you find. You will get a lot of good tips here on what to check for once you find a potential buy.

My wife says I'm still in my childhood and never had a midlife crisis even though I'm pushing 60!

Best wishes.
See AUTABUY magazine, Feb 2013 issue, has a nicely preserved 72 convertible w/351C out of Denver area for under 10,000 dollars.

Best wishes.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Good luck with your search and keep us posted on what you find. You will get a lot of good tips here on what to check for once you find a potential buy.

My wife says I'm still in my childhood and never had a midlife crisis even though I'm pushing 60!
Same here! Looks just like mine!

Best wishes. "Ole Ponie" that is,...your 71-73? mustang convertible!
See AUTABUY magazine, Feb 2013 issue, has a nicely preserved 72 convertible w/351C out of Denver area for under 10,000 dollars.

Same here! Looks just like mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back