Mint coup in my area

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every state is different with regards to titles on older vehicles. CT didn't issue titles for vehicles over 20 years of age for many years, and accepted a Bill of Sale as proof of ownership. There are plenty of other states that are or were the same way. There is supposed to be reciprocity between the states with regards to each other's policies, but we all know what may or may not happen.

What's really interesting is that this appears to be another Decor Group car and not a Grande as advertised. Has all the right parts - camera case dash trims in all three places, knitted vinyl seats, Deluxe 2 spoke wheel, racing mirrors, full wheel covers and rocker/wheel well moldings. Maroon Metallic was a low production 71-only color. The AM-8 track and Convenience Group are cool additions. The 3 speed is unusual for a car with some money put into other options. Everything looks in really nice shape for the age.

The 200kph speedo, extra rear lights and the front plate make me think this car was delivered to Europe. Might have been a serviceman's car and was shipped back to the States when they rotated home.

Current plate is from Cobb County, GA. If it's legit, it'll be a good buy for the right person. My best WAG is this car was inherited.

1717789290367.png

Last edited:
Looks like a nice car and a decent asking price. I wonder if that car spent some time outside the US. The additional lighting may have been done to satisfy different laws like in Europe where you have to have amber turn signals, etc.

Every state is different with regards to titles on older vehicles. CT didn't issue titles for vehicles over 20 years of age for many years, and accepted a Bill of Sale as proof of ownership. There are plenty of other states that are or were the same way. There is supposed to be reciprocity between the states with regards to each other's policies, but we all know what may or may not happen.

What's really interesting is that this appears to be another Decor Group car and not a Grande as advertised. Has all the right parts - camera case dash trims in all three places, knitted vinyl seats, Deluxe 2 spoke wheel, racing mirrors, full wheel covers and rocker/wheel well moldings. Maroon Metallic was a low production 71-only color. The AM-8 track and Convenience Group are cool additions. The 3 speed is unusual for a car with some money put into other options. Everything looks in really nice shape for the age.

The 200kph speedo, extra rear lights and the front plate make me think this car was delivered to Europe. Might have been a serviceman's car and was shipped back to the States when they rotated home.

Current plate is from Cobb County, GA. If it's legit, it'll be a good buy for the right person. My best WAG is this car was inherited.

View attachment 89466
I don’t think it’s legit the photo after the video is a screen shot. Plus the other car he has listed is way too cheap and some goofy price.

View attachment 89466Did you notice the cougar steering wheel emblem
Did you notice the cougar steering wheel emblem

Back