Modern ROUSH mufflers and tips on 73?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DattPaletero

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach I - H Code
Hey everyone I recently got gently used 2011-2014 roush catback exhaust for $20, i was thinking about cutting off the bends and welding straight pipe out each end so that I could adapt them to my 73 whenever i build the new exhaust.

I know the tips will fit the rear valance for sure, but if the mufflers hang down too low, what is another good sounding muffler? Louder the better.

Thanks,

Cesar

Cut the tips off the mufflers and mount the mufflers in the stock 71-73 location in front of the rear axle under the rear floorpan. Pit pipe over the axle and put the tips on it exiting the rear valance

You could sell them for a lot more money. Those should be a $400-$600 set of axle backs.

Cut the tips off the mufflers and mount the mufflers in the stock 71-73 location in front of the rear axle under the rear floorpan. Pit pipe over the axle and put the tips on it exiting the rear valance
Yeah that's what i'm probably gonna do, i'm gonna put new leaf springs and jack up the rear a bit so they shouldn't be too low when driving.

You could sell them for a lot more money. Those should be a $400-$600 set of axle backs.
I would, but one muffler was cracked right down the factory welds, but i welded it back up. I wanna hear how they sound on a cleveland though. :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back