stangrpunk72 has returned

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangrpunk72

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang coupe -exterior decor group
5.0 EFI conversion
explorer upper and lower intake
GT40 heads
Trickflow stage one cam
T-5 5 speed conversion
9in rear
coming soon rear disk brakes

99 Ford Ranger XLT
mostly stock but always down for whatever.
After what has seemed like a lifetime, im returning after a hiatus filled with changes and life lessons . Now im back and so is my 72 coupe but with a twist.... it now has newer 5.0 pushrod with efi and a T5 5 speed and now the pics.

maria1.jpg
maria2.jpg
maria4.jpg
The specs on the motor is its pretty much a 97 explorer block thats 20 over and gt40 iron heads, trickflow stage one cam with matching valvesprings patriot long tube headers msd pro billet and its fired by RJM Injection Tech wiring harness with a stock A9P computer for now ..... i recently put 24ib injectors and bbk maf and throttle body. its not done yet so stay tuned will post more pics and other updates

but what ive done so far in a nutshell......

5.0 EFI conversion -yes the jd bottle is my overflow bottle lol

Dual exhaust- straight pipe with 2007 GT mufflers sounds badass

T-5 manual conversion with modern driveline cable conversion

9in rear with 3.25 gears for now....

H4 headlight conversion - with the newer 3g alt the lights are super bright

Plans for the future

rear disk brakes- cant decide if i want the explorer or the crown vic rear brakes.

built roller 5.8l windsor with aluminum heads and a single turbo

aftermarket stand alone engine management

better gears for the rear

custom widened steelie wheels

thanks and lookin forward to hearing from you all...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the jack daniels expansion tank! :p

Im back for good as long as i have a working computer lol,anyway down to business- droptop73 the wiring harness is actually a hotrod harness its just 3 wires really and it fires. the harness is available from RJM injection tech- its a really good harness with factory ford plug ins and it really simple to install yes i love how the motor fits and looks in there. and i highly recommend if you do the swap use the newer alternator and starter. everything for the most part just bolts in. im using my stock fan shroud with the 91 5.0 clutch fan. I love the drivabililty and the modern simplicity still needs a few tweaks here and there but im happy with it. I enjoy my car now more than ever

Cool setup & welcome. I've got all the parts & computer to do this swap and was going to sell it all. You have me rethinking my plans for one of these cars of mine. Lol

Welcome back, that engine looks awesome in there. I love the Jack Daniels overflow bottle.

Welcome back, that engine looks awesome in there. I love the Jack Daniels overflow bottle.
thanks guys for the positive feedback, a funny story about how the bottle came to be my expansion tank. at the time i was renting a room from one of my friends and i was paying rent and bills and working on the car at the same time and i was running out of money so i had to figure what i was going to do, i looked around my room and there was a jack daniels bottle on the floor from the night before and i got to thinking, it would cost me next to nothing to get that to work so i ran with it. i like it alot it adds character one these days i need to sit down and post a thread in the engine and performance forum on what i know about the swap and what to use cause I learned alot doing it. its more than worth it and the neat thing is there are actually so many ways to do it and so many choices on intake and cam and heads the possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back