New 351 C Blocks coming from TMeyer, Track Boss

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Had this done and stupid computer locked up for 6 hours.

Someone might have already posted by now, lol. I did not go look.

New 351 C blocks coming in iron and aluminum. More head bolts, bigger cam bore will be a big help to get big HP if you have deep pockets.

https://www.tmeyerinc.com/product/track-boss-cleveland-block/?fbclid=IwAR0ZyHPP11XMTg7BhZDxAKLsqHYZQgNghcB6GGNq9s94Al2yH7fvzOS_40s

Description

The Boss is back!

The Track Boss Cleveland Block looks much like the original OE block, but TMeyer has added some features to improve upon the original design:

• Additional material to strengthen mains
  • Screw in aluminum pipe plugs.
  • Additional material to support installation of Chevy starter (optional)
  • Solid bulk head
  • Splayed, flat-bottom 4-bolt billet main caps
  • 1/2″ & 7/16″ studs included
  • One-piece rear main seal
  • With or without fuel pump provision
  • 42/46 lifter angle (optional)
  • Solid water jacket (optional)
  • 18 head bolt (optional)
  • 55, 60mm cam bore (optional)
  • 9.2 & 9.5 deck height options
  • 4.180″-4.200″ potential bore size
“Projected” prices:

• Aluminum: C3A1 Supracast material (%22 stronger) W/ Studs $6,500
  • Aluminum: 356-T6 material, Ductile main caps (Billet caps $500 option), $5750-$6000
  • Iron: CGI material, Billet main caps W/ Studs $3,999- Foundry questionable so far.
  • Iron: Grade 40 material, Ductile iron main caps (Billet caps $500 option),  $2,800-$3,000
NHRA & NMCA approved

Yes they had to do some engineering unless they got some casting patterns from the old foundry to alter. Since I was in MFG. background for many years I know what it cost to MFG something. We used $1.00 a pound for most things. So they are shooting to make big profit, lol. I would suggest to them when doing the lifter bores not to bore or ream to size but roller burnish is quicker and way more accurate. We used to transmission cases a lot. Much better in Alu. but can use in iron.

I am curious on the cam size change. That can be big on RPM increase. You raise the base circle of the cam you remove weight off the lifters, push rods and such. Less valve spring pressure needed to prevent float so more RPM.

Wish I had money would go for it.

So Cool! I can't wait until these hit the streets! I ordered my alloy Cleveland in the first batch. 434 CI full roller long block for my 70 mach 1. Should dyno at 650-700 HP. Tim said there is a delay due to some engineering refinements. I will post some pics when it arrives!

They are claiming over 800 hp but pushing 8,000 rpm also. Will not live long there. So I am guessing probably $20,000 for all the basic pieces to build one. Then the valves, cam, springs, bearings and such. Special gaskets with the 18 head bolts. Will be out of my reach no matter what HP they make.

Back