new from oklahoma

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I have two combos I run. One is an iron headed 429 stroked to 450ci I offset ground a 429 steel crank and run a bbc rod to get the extra cubes. It runs 10.20's @127mph. It has a mild flat tappet cam with a dominator carb on top. It puts out about 425hp to the tires.

The other motor has a set of a429 head and brooks alum rods. It is a stock 460 stroke. I run anther mild roller cam in this combo. Runs 9.80's I run mild cams so I don't need to replace valve springs and cam bearings as often. Have not had this motor on the dyno yet.
9.80s from such a relatively mild build doesn't necessitate dyno "creds" in my estimation:)! It sounds as if you have really "figured it out."

Thanks for posting and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual forums.

BT

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg / Europe.

When it´s that fast, it don´t need to be pretty! :)

Thanks for the welcoms I hope to fix the body on this thing so it will look a little nicer than a 50 footer this winter.

Thanks for the welcoms I hope to fix the body on this thing so it will look a little nicer than a 50 footer this winter.
i think you and i need to become new bestfriends!!!

Why is that you need dody work done? This car has been a race car since the late 70's and its not as nice as I like. I might 4 link it at the same time and clean up the tin work. It's been hacked on several different times in its life.

Hi, Welcome from UK/China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back