New member from Southern California

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the kind welcome.  The car is currently in the shop for mechanical repairs. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I sought the assistance of a professional. I will do the restoration of the interior and anything else (like grille replacement, etc.).

Here's a brief history of the car. My dad purchased it in the early 90's for about $900. He said that when he bought it, it had a 351 engine and he replaced it with a 302. According to Marti, mine originally came with a 302.  I plan on keeping it as "original" as possible, but I do have a few changes in mind. As a teen, I didn't like the white top/interior, so we purchased a black top but never installed it.  The top has been in storage and I plan on having it installed.  Ideally, I'd like to change the interior to black as well.  Also, I don't know what I did wih the original radio, but I plan on installing one of those radios that look somewhat to the era, but has Bluetooth.

Heres a pic circa 1998

Hello and welcome from Germany.

Hello from central Illinois.  Is the green on the inside of the drivers door the original color?  My older brother had a 71 coupe that green, it looked really good.  I like the white interior, I wish mine had it.  I just joined a few days ago.  Welcome!

Back