Hello from Dallas Texas with my 73 Mach 1 Work in Progress...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Supp from Dallas, thank you to all that have contributed to this great site! Wanted a 71-73 Mach since I fell in love with these cars 30 years ago and bought a 73 from a consignment dealer. After "a few" setbacks, she is finally on track to be my daily driver by the end of this month. There are a couple of things I am still searching the forum for (some links and pics to prior posts are "broken") the 71-72 front bumper conversion info and ideas for cleaning up the trunk area.

1) I've found lots of posts about the 71-72 chrome bumper conversion and a couple posts had broken links. Looking for any photos/tips from anyone that kept the 73 fenders and used the 71/72 grille on how to make it look as good as possible.

2) Needing carpet kit for trunk and something to clean up under the deck lid - Pic of trunk area

3) Looking for a show quality radiator or shroud

This Mach came with a giant binder of manuals, tubes of original schematics and interesting story behind the project started by the prior owner. I've had a bit of work done so far not in the photos = new pulleys, rebuilt transmission, APC center console, conversion to ProFlo 4, custom exhaust from headers back, new fuel tank, subframe connectors, red willwoods front and rear.

Here are links to full photos and a short video of the last time I was able to drive her:

Photos of restoration, Marti report, work in progress https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NyikWCl0ighDOSJ3UWNKxIQ97BhiahBR?usp=share_link

Short Video before going back to the shop

Last edited:
Love it! I was just in the Fort Worth area today and stopped by the blue oval car barn. I’m from Alaska but with family in New Braunfels. I plan on coming up yearly and visiting so hopefully I can meet more people around TX. Enjoy the car!

Welcome from down the road in The Woodlands!

Latest posts

Back