New Member in Orlando

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
Just saying hello to the group. Just purchased a 1972 302 V8 coupe as a project. Picked it up in CA from a vet who had it in his garage, barring the occasional grocery run. The car runs incredibly well, the interior is in great shape and I finally snagged it after years of wanting one. There is some body work that needs to be done, but nothing major. I'm starting out with the basics, all fluids, filters, plugs, hoses, brakes, etc., then I'm going to strip her down and repaint it to a 6E yellow and black and redot the interior in black leather. That's the plan as of right now, although I haven't had it long enough to really see if there is anything larger lurking, but so far fingers crossed, it looks like the majority of the money I put away for this can be spent making it look good.

Admittedly I've been buying and stocking parts for this for awhile in hopes I would find one. So I do have some new Cooper Cobra's, Magnum 500's, a new scooped hood, front and rear spoilers....which, I know was probably the cart before the horse, but at least I have them in stock. I'll keep you all posted on the build as it comes along. Plan is to really dive into it starting next weekend. I've attached some photos, along with a photo of the end objective...although again, yellow and black, not green. That's the design plan though.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

PBR36f90b5b-0c9b-41a5-b522-a86ecaf1eded.JPG

Attachments

• 8fd0fb9b-1199-49a9-ab77-625d64a76414.JPG
    8fd0fb9b-1199-49a9-ab77-625d64a76414.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 924da375-7633-4fcc-be99-dffda1ceb564.JPG
    924da375-7633-4fcc-be99-dffda1ceb564.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0497.PNG
    IMG_0497.PNG
    576 KB · Views: 0
  • p805_orig.png
    p805_orig.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum Paul. Fine looking Stang you have there.

PS-I'm a bit confused with your Pabst Beer avatar ;)
Heh, interesting you brought that up, as I haven't thought about it in years as its just a habit.

Back before I got old (and crashed) I was pretty deep in the mountain bike industry. And in such, was on a number of rider forums, which I used to sign my posts with my initials PBS. One day I made a typo and signed it PBR. As it became common knowledge amongst my circles that I am originally from Wisconsin, the nickname stuck and became my avatar, nickname, and sign off any time I join a forum...mostly just by habit...as my friends still call me PBR.

So there's a piece of history for you.

Nice pull tho on the Schmidt beer reference...and ironically, I had many garage bar knick knacks of that old brand...but considering its origins in history from Minnesota...I just couldn't make myself bond with anything remotely close to the Vikings...being a Pack fan.

So there ya have it. Thanks for the welcome and the trip down memory lane.

PBR

Latest posts

Back