New member, partial fraud

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsk392

Reaction score
My Car
'68 fastback with FMS 351 stroker
Hi all,
New member from the UK. The partial fraud is that my car is a '68 fastback, but I installed a FMS crate 351W stroker in it (392) 18 years ago, so this forum is helpful. I've just been trying to sort a 'factory' set of pulleys for the CAA Sanden compressor kit, which originally had a March pulley system fitted. The belts have completely shredded the aluminium, so I wanted to go steel with as many factory components as possible. It seems to have worked, but my only concern is that the Ford crank pulley is so much bigger than the March one that the compressor is turning quite fast (the pulley diameter ratio is 1.6:1).
The car has '70 brakes and a '70 tank, so is a bit of a resto mod I suppose. It looks stock apart from a set of classic Torque Thrusts. We've done over 50k miles in it since restoration - it's been all over Europe, from the top of Norway to mediterranean Spain and down to Sicily. The best car we've ever had.
Roger

Attachments

• NSH_DriversMtg_Mustang-4.jpg
    NSH_DriversMtg_Mustang-4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Hi all,
New member from the UK. The partial fraud is that my car is a '68 fastback, but I installed a FMS crate 351W stroker in it (392) 18 years ago, so this forum is helpful. I've just been trying to sort a 'factory' set of pulleys for the CAA Sanden compressor kit, which originally had a March pulley system fitted. The belts have completely shredded the aluminium, so I wanted to go steel with as many factory components as possible. It seems to have worked, but my only concern is that the Ford crank pulley is so much bigger than the March one that the compressor is turning quite fast (the pulley diameter ratio is 1.6:1).
The car has '70 brakes and a '70 tank, so is a bit of a resto mod I suppose. It looks stock apart from a set of classic Torque Thrusts. We've done over 50k miles in it since restoration - it's been all over Europe, from the top of Norway to mediterranean Spain and down to Sicily. The best car we've ever had.
Roger
Beautiful car! Touring Europe in a classic Mustang must be a pleasure. Best of luck with your search.

Thanks - it gives me a chance to sit on the correct side of the car whilst I'm driving it! Can't do that at home... we do a lot of driving over there with other groups of classics, usually we're the only Mustang with all the Jags, Astons and so on. As soon as we get off the ferry, we're the only ones who can see to overtake so leave them all for dead. It's my wife's favourite of everything we've ever had, she won't let me sell it.

Welcome from Texas! Nice story. I’m sure you turn heads any where you go….specially with the rumble of an American muscle car! Post more pics as we’d love to see more of your magnificent beast!

Back