New to forums and starting a project.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

My name is John. This is me and my baby. This is my first car. I got her when I was 16 and she was my daily driver for a couple years. To make a long story short it got left sitting in my parents' back yard rotting away while I went to school, ironically, to work on cars. The engine seized from rust after sitting with no carburetor. The car was about 6" underground when I pulled it out and moved it to the driveway. Thus begins project Rustang.

Welcome John...ooooh ya... and plus motor wouldnt last long down in that high humidity either with out some marvel oil poored down in her....I been threw KS a few times...Its gets real muggy down there in Missouri..hehe..i got family down in popular bluff MO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm diggin' the turbines!
Thanks. That's what she had when I bought her. I've been meaning to clean em up, but it just hasn't been my highest priority. I also need to find center caps. I had some nice ones but they disappeared on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John, and welcome. The project looks great and if you do it with passion, restoring the car should be amazing and well worth the results :)

The Cutlass looks good too, my girlfriend really wanted a 67 Cutlass but here in France they are very rare...

Post pics of your project, it's always a pleasure to see how different people work on the same car :)

Welcome, Looks like a great project!

WELCOME aboard, John!.

Believe me, my 1973 Grande was in much, much worse shape than your '72 Coupe. As several have stated and/or inferred, you have a very doable project.

I encourage you (as a New Member) to take some time and visit the different Forums, especially the Weekly Fun Question one whereby General Members are given the opportunity of becoming a VIP Member after being the first to correctly respond to the question on three separate occasions.

There is a great deal of experience and expertize on this Site as it relates to restoring, modifying or otherwise maintaining a 1971 - 1973 Mustang. I honestly believe the Site is one of the BEST on the WEB!

Again, Welcome!

BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back