New to Site

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: Saw your video and you've got an awesome setup!
Thanks man, car is really developing nicely. Next is stroking to 393 cid, followed by Rack&Pinion/coilovers up front.

Welcome to the site! You will find all kinds of interesting info here just like I have!

Just checked out your pics, awesome Mach 1! What rear suspension setup did you go with, it looks killer!
Thanks!

Its a TCI (total cost involved)3 link tourque arm suspension, but get this - its for 67-70 cars! believe this or not - the "big" cars share almost every key dimension save for one, the width between the front tourque boxes. The width of the rear rails over the axle - same, the distance from the front spring eye to the rear of the front tq box- same, the location of the rear wheel centerline from the front spring eye - same. The tq box is 3.875 wider so I built two filler plates and it all bolted right up. It handles ubelievably good and the ride is really nice too. my only gripe is for 2400 bucks they dont paint or powdercoat crap and to me that is poor business sense - but I still bought one so hey.

Now that is a nice little tidbit of information! I haven't seen your videos, but the TCI setup looked like a nice deal, and it is great that it works on our years! Also, are you using an aftermarket controller for the 4R70W?

Welcome to the site! You will find all kinds of interesting info here just like I have!

Just checked out your pics, awesome Mach 1! What rear suspension setup did you go with, it looks killer!
Thanks!

Its a TCI (total cost involved)3 link tourque arm suspension, but get this - its for 67-70 cars! believe this or not - the "big" cars share almost every key dimension save for one, the width between the front tourque boxes. The width of the rear rails over the axle - same, the distance from the front spring eye to the rear of the front tq box- same, the location of the rear wheel centerline from the front spring eye - same. The tq box is 3.875 wider so I built two filler plates and it all bolted right up. It handles ubelievably good and the ride is really nice too. my only gripe is for 2400 bucks they dont paint or powdercoat crap and to me that is poor business sense - but I still bought one so hey.
Now that is a nice little tidbit of information! I haven't seen your videos, but the TCI setup looked like a nice deal, and it is great that it works on our years! Also, are you using an aftermarket controller for the 4R70W?

Yes sir, a Baumann TCS controller, been hammering 400+ hp through that tranny for 5 years now - never a hiccup!

Even TCI did not know it would work but we have several 69 convertibles and it all looked do much the same I had to put a tape measure and pumbob to it.

I have 2 videos in my garage listing and one is my Mach and the other is my second older bro's 69, as always we did everything including paint, upgrades and and all. I have to put one up of my oldest bro's 9 its off the charts nice too.

If you fellas know of anyone wanting to do th eswap we sell the crossmember and shiftrod as a kit the makes the chane over really easy. the factory h pipe clears the 4R70W like it was made for it - unbelievable.

Joe

::welcome:: From San Diego.
Thank you!

Welcome Joe!
Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely keep you in mind when my time comes... you wouldn't happen to have a setup for a 79 F100 would you? I'm thinking of using my Cleveland and AOD or 4R70W in it.
I think it would fit with no problem at all being a truck but ather the question is how is the tunnel shaped where the crossmember goes? the 67-73 cars are almost identical that we have found. Both or our 69 ragtops(see video on photobucket link) now have 2valve '93 5.0 Cobra rolller motors and the 4R70W's as well and the mount I developed works in those cars and are interchangeable into the "big" cars as well - they did not reinvent the wheel every model year it seems. Your Tuck should actually be a little easier. I will help you however I can

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back