Newbie needs some help/suggestions - Oil Pressure light coming on

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feels good to know what you have and who did it, doesn't it? There are 3 things you can always count on. The sun coming up in the morning, MOM, and work you've done with your own two hands!!

$5 for a new unit little Teflon tape a quick trip around the block and no oil seepage or no light. Will give it a longer ride this afternoon and see if it holds.. Thank you so much! Best thing is I was able to fix it without going to the shop. Very satisfying. On to the next issue...

When it starts up cold the engine shudders when I give it the gas. To the point of almost stalling. Seems to only happen when it has been sitting for a bit.. Once I can punch it and get the engine to respond it runs fine. Maybe a carburetor adjustment?
It sounds like the choke and or the fast idle speed need to be adjusted or repaired. If it is a 73 (and many 72s built after 03/01/72) it should have an electrically heated choke and they are notorious for going bad. Do you have a copy of the for shop manuals? If so it describe the adjustment procedure. If you don't have a copy let me know and I'll outline it for you. Chuck
Chuck, tell me about the shop manuals. Where can. I get a copy of them?...one of the vendors maybe?

The manuals are available from many large vendors or on ebay as posted. I have hard copies that I've owned for a long time. The colorized electronic versions are nice but are only available for PCs and I'm MAC. If you can't find them let me know and I'll track them down. Chuck

The manuals are available from many large vendors or on ebay as posted. I have hard copies that I've owned for a long time. The colorized electronic versions are nice but are only available for PCs and I'm MAC. If you can't find them let me know and I'll track them down. Chuck
Chuck - I'm on a Mac as well. I emailed the company about running it on a Mac and found out they have a beta "yet to be released" mac version. He sent me a copy it works well. They are targeting release of a mac version around thanksgiving..

Chuck - I'm on a Mac as well. I emailed the company about running it on a Mac and found out they have a beta "yet to be released" mac version. He sent me a copy it works well. They are targeting release of a mac version around thanksgiving..

Thanks for the information. Which company did you deal with? Chuck

Back