Now Introducing: Forgotten Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
01 Bullitt

What's more exciting than a brand new Mustang build project?

CJ Pony Parts is now introducing its new project Mustang, appropriately titled "Forgotten Fastback." This 1965 Fastback may have been forgotten by the world, but CJ Pony Parts won't leave it by the wayside. We'll be working diligently to bring this classic beauty back to life, so make sure to keep an eye on our Youtube channel for video updates from Bill.

We also want to hear what you have to say! Share your opinions of our build and let us know what you'd like see us do with our Forgotten Fastback.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cjponyparts

Twitter: http://twitter.com/cjponyparts

Wrong year for this group.
Agree. When I saw the title "Forgotten Fastback," I assumed it to be about '71-'73s, since everybody seems to have 'forgotten' about our cars. While I don't 'hate' or 'dislike' any model year Mustangs (unlike some of the mainstream Mustang enthusiasts), I'm thinking this thread should find its way to the 'Other Years' forum, so there's no confusion.

Just a thought.

Steve, Dude...

Please don't take what I said wrong - thanks for sharing... it's ALL good as far as I'm concerned. I was just thinking it needed to go into a different area of the forums, that's all (but since it's in your CJ Pony Parts/Vendor section - which I missed yesterday - disregard my thoughts on moving it).

Based on all the other vehicles and year models found in the 'Other Years' forum, I think it's safe to say that while we're mostly about the '71-'73 "big bodies," ALL mustangs are welcome here.

Steve, Dude...

Please don't take what I said wrong - thanks for sharing... it's ALL good as far as I'm concerned. I was just thinking it needed to go into a different area of the forums, that's all (but since it's in your CJ Pony Parts/Vendor section - which I missed yesterday - disregard my thoughts on moving it).

Based on all the other vehicles and year models found in the 'Other Years' forum, I think it's safe to say that while we're mostly about the '71-'73 "big bodies," ALL mustangs are welcome here.
I had no issue with what you said and it made sense, I just figured since it was a CJ post that it made sense to put it in the CJ section. I will post the other one up, I was just confused as people love builds no matter what they are.

So. is the other one a 71-73?
No it is not, I will be posting that soon, as far as a 71-73 I honestly haven't seen one pass through our shop since we did the green one a few years back. There is a blog about it on here some where but we don't see many 71-73 cars. As far as these projects goes these are cars that we have picked up as these we do see a lot of and have a strong customer base with. Now that is not saying we won't do a 71-73 down the road but right now we are focused on the earlier models.

Steve, Dude...

I had no issue with what you said and it made sense, I just figured since it was a CJ post that it made sense to put it in the CJ section. I will post the other one up, I was just confused as people love builds no matter what they are.

So. is the other one a 71-73?
No it is not, I will be posting that soon, as far as a 71-73 I honestly haven't seen one pass through our shop since we did the green one a few years back. There is a blog about it on here some where but we don't see many 71-73 cars. As far as these projects goes these are cars that we have picked up as these we do see a lot of and have a strong customer base with. Now that is not saying we won't do a 71-73 down the road but right now we are focused on the earlier models.
Fair enough Steve. I think ultimately we are all guys who love cool cars but prefer our 71-73 Mustangs.

Let's update what we have done with this project to date.

FORGOTTEN FASTBACK

PROJECT BUILD SHEET

New Parts

Brushable Body Seam Sealer

Body Panel Seam Sealer

Eastwood Rubberized Undercoating

Replacement Body Parts

Complete Floor Pan Assembly

One-Piece Quarter Panels

Roof Panel

Tail Light Panel

Inner Wheelhouses

Outer Wheelhouses

1 Piece Torque Box (Driver's Side)

1 Piece Torque Box (Passenger's Side)

Fenders

Upper & Lower Cowl

Front Valence

Rear Valence

Radiator Support with Crossmember

Dynacorn Dash Assembly

Firewall Assembly

Dynacorn Full Shock Tower Assembly (Driver's Side)

Dynacorn Full Shock Tower Assembly (Passenger's Side)

Floor to Firewall Extensions

Rear Window Panel

Here are two new videos to go with Project: Forgotten Fastback

Fair enough Steve. I think ultimately we are all guys who love cool cars but prefer our 71-73 Mustangs.
Agreed. And honestly I don't feel nearly as welcome on the other forums. We are mainly 71-3 enthsiasts here.

Ray

Back