One of the Bullitt Mustangs to be auctioned NO RESERVE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
The MOM sent out link to this news release that the Bullitt Mustang will be sold at the Mecum Florida auction in 2020 at No Reserve. I think it is a wise move on his part since when all are dead that saw the movie nobody will want it, lol. 

They are hoping for a new record for a muscle car which is currently $3.5 million for a 71 Cuda vert. Current record for any car is a Bugatti for $20 million.

Use to be his mom's daily driver as a school teacher. McQueen tried to buy in in 1977 but they would not sell.

The MOM sent out link to this news release that the Bullitt Mustang will be sold at the Mecum Florida auction in 2020 at No Reserve. I think it is a wise move on his part since when all are dead that saw the movie nobody will want it, lol. 

They are hoping for a new record for a muscle car which is currently $3.5 million for a 71 Cuda vert. Current record for any car is a Bugatti for $20 million.

This car will always be wanted, just like our car’s will be  :cool:

I remember that story- that's wild, turning down Steve McQueen himself trying to buy the car. Even his very best offer back then will be WAY lower than the selling price now (goes without saying).

I Almost  was able to touch that car last year at the Mustang Memories car show in Dearborn. Just out of arms reach behind the tapes. 

Here's a pic.

Geoff, 

YOU TOUCHA DIS MACHINE THEY SMASHA YOU FACE!  :whistling:
 THAT would have been about right!! At least I can say I "almost touched it" lollerz

Back