Brake line project continues this weekend.
We worked a good bit today. We finally got the main front to rear feeder line out and the new one in. Only to find that yet Another end fitting was incorrect. There is no reason this one should have been wrong. There is only 1 variety of rear brakes that came on the mustang originally and that is Drum Brakes. (AFAIK).
So I double checked what I ordered and I did order the rear mid line for a 71-73 Drum Brake Car. I dunno why it was the wrong fitting, but it damn sure was.
This is the original
And this is the one that came on the new Stainless line from Classic Tube
This caused about 2 hours of delay today. My son tried getting it connected for half an hour or more before he called me out to give it a try. It only took me one try to realize it wasnt the right size. So Back to the computer to see if there is any adapters made that size. Fortunately I found one, then went to Auto Zone to see if they had it. Amazingly enough they did.
So 2 hours wasted screwing with that and we got it connected. Then it was just down to getting all those stupid clips back on. Which took a long time. It would go so much faster with the car on a lift.
We ended up getting everything squared away up to the firewall. All of the lines are now connected and all we have left is to put the firewall clips back on and bleed the system. Then we will be ready for a test drive. I cant wait for that.