Power Steering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Sportsroof. Currently a work in progress!!!
My power steering unit is leaking like the engine room of the Titanic. (not the pump)

I haven't see rebuild kits for them. I'm see most have places require a huge core charge, I sort of like keeping the originals.

Anyone got a used one laying around they want to get rid of?

Tim

timsweet,

You could look at this option. You can send him your steering box. He will rebuild it and send it back to you. NO Core Charge!!

www.powersteering.com >> Power Steering Gearbox Rebuilds: From $269.00

I sent my Comp. box to powersteering.com and had him install the 12.7:1 Fast Ratio Steering Gearbox Conversion. What a big difference!

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped the gun and ordered one from NPD. The heads are off the 351C and we are about to pull the engine and replace a broken motor mount. That's happening next week so it makes since to get the box swapped out while all that space is there. $644 including the lube and pitman arm.

Of course I can send the core back for $300.00....but I might just keep it and eventually send it off for a rebuild and have a spare.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW I didn't want to post all my blog entries here (unless you all want to seem) but you can wander over to my blog site and see the videos (some what lame but....)

AGCarRestoration.com

Tim

Bought one from these guys http://www.redheadsteeringgears.com/

Kept the core as it was leaking from where the pitman arm attaches.

Can't remember name of shaft, maybe sector shaft. Have a repair kit

to fix that. But I must admit the rebuilt one from Red-head is Very

stiff and has a nice feel. Mine is a variable ratio.

mike

Back