Question for those that installed ClassicAutoAir

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
The instructions sucked, the tech guys were not real helpful.
How did you route your lines from firewall to compressor/evap?

Instructions seem to say this way, with one hose going on passenger side fender, and one going drivers fender

anyone do both to Drivers side?

Attachments

• 790DDE2A-B53F-4776-8872-B612D8C023E5.jpeg
    790DDE2A-B53F-4776-8872-B612D8C023E5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • 4EE44670-FF86-4659-B878-FE28EDCBFE23.jpeg
    4EE44670-FF86-4659-B878-FE28EDCBFE23.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23
Everything on mine is on the driver side.
IMG_0705.jpg

I hadn't run the belt yet because I needed the adapter bracket between the compressor and factory style idler pulley (to avoid having 4 pulleys on one V-belt).

oh crap, we were supposed to read directions??? I replaced all my ac from firewall forward, ran the lines behind the carb to the driver side to be a little neater. Works for me but is there a reason why they should perhaps not be there?

1653245195778.png

I routed compressor lines along the firewall and driver side. I routed the belts as described in the instructions, and have had no issues with the crank, water pomp, PS and AC on one belt.

However, I am preparing to install the 3-groove crank pulley and stock AC idler brackets like Mister 4X4, since that appears to be the only way to space the compressor far enough forward to run my finned Cal Custom 351c valve covers.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
I just finished running the AC lines on the Rickster, and looking at my directions, they say "Based o DRIVERS SIDE compressor mount see illustrations for routing, which shows all the hosed running along the passenger side and passing along front of the motor to the compressor, but they also show the hoses passing through the core support on the passenger side. It made no sense, so I disregarded the illustrations, and went with the written directions, which say to run them behind the motor and along the driver side to the AC compressor and core support pass through.

My car had them along the passenger side, but when I added the CCA kit I moved them to the driver's side. I talked to CCA and they mentioned that they try to leave it up to the user to decide how to route the hose since there are so many variations out there. Here is a pic of mine.
You can barely see them in this picture on the driver's side. I routed them under my custom shock tower brace so the brace can be easily removed. However, I did used cable ties to hold them against the bottom of the brace so they don't sag onto the engine. I did add some insulation around the hoses as they travel close to the engine and headers.

20210423_000425.jpg

Back