Rear Axle Wheel Bearings & Seals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

I am having my verts. rear end rebuilt; the centre section is at the shop currently.

It is a 9" 31 spline trak lok unit. (Tag # 3L25)

While I wait for the centre section to come back, I am trying to determine the correct replacement rear axle bearings and the seals (at the wheels).

I was able to get the part #'s off of each:

Bearings - F-207A-KK

Seals - National 9303-S

As there are various sizes, widths etc, does anyone have direct experience with these part #'s and the replacement part numbers I would look for today, say through a NAPA auto parts store or similar?

Appreciate any responses. Thanks

I find that the part search engine on autozone and oreilly website to be good tools for determining specific parts. I was looking up axle seals and bearings a while back and was able to figure out which ones I needed pretty easily with the info they had.

Yes, this looks familiar when I was in to my local parts store to inquire initially. I just now measured (inner and outer dia.) the axle bearing to confirm the noted specifications and it matches up with the RW-207-CCRA listed.

This now allows me to purchase all the new bearings and seals that are listed under this heading on the Federal Mogal site at once (wheel axle bearings, axle housing seals and front hub(s) inner and outer bearings and seals.

Thanks for helping me to confirm.

Back