Repro Outside Door Handles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markafss

Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1, C6, original owner
There seem to be 2 manufactures of reproduction outside door handles, Dyncorp and Scott Drake. Is one a better product than the other? TIA

I ordered a set from NPD and they are nice.
They have a mark on the back KOA who ever that is. They used the same handle it seems in trucks and other vehicles into the 80’s I believe. I have what seems to be a NOS passenger handle with a E0 number on it.
Attached are pics of the ones from NPD
IMG_0286.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpegIMG_0288.jpeg

There seem to be 2 manufactures of reproduction outside door handles, Dyncorp and Scott Drake. Is one a better product than the other? TIA

Neither Scott Drake nor Dynacorn are manufacturers. There is only ONE set of tooling and manufacturer doing the 71-73 outer door handles. This is one of those cases where only one manufacturer has tooled-up, and everyone imports the same product through different consolidators/suppliers in Taiwan.

That goes for a lot of the 71-73 stuff, because due to the lower production numbers and cars still existing today, there's typically not enough market-demand and volume to support two-or-more competing toolings and manufacturers. For instance, all fenders, hoods and doors come from the same manufacturer for 71-73.

As for these handles, they are a nice looking and sturdy reproduction, but the only criticism (earned) that I've seen is that they do not lay as "flush" as originals do while at rest.

Neither Scott Drake nor Dynacorn are manufacturers. There is only ONE set of tooling and manufacturer doing the 71-73 outer door handles. This is one of those cases where only one manufacturer has tooled-up, and everyone imports the same product through different consolidators/suppliers in Taiwan.

That goes for a lot of the 71-73 stuff, because due to the lower production numbers and cars still existing today, there's typically not enough market-demand and volume to support two-or-more competing toolings and manufacturers. For instance, all fenders, hoods and doors come from the same manufacturer for 71-73.

As for these handles, they are a nice looking and sturdy reproduction, but the only criticism (earned) that I've seen is that they do not lay as "flush" as originals do while at rest.
Rick I noticed that but thought maybe it was because the rubber bumper stops were new and not 50 plus years old. My original passenger one sticks out a little but not as much as the new one. The new one isn’t really noticeable unless you are looking for it

On a side note I’m glad I have a Mustang now and they make lots of good parts for them. Try restoring a 70 Torino Cobra 10-15 years ago. 🤕 Must stuff had to be NOS or good used that was restorable.

Back