SHOW US YOUR MAN CAVE!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wade,

That Sir, is over the top. :p 

I think you will have to supply us with more background information on that setup! :p 

You should receive  4 rep points on bragging rights just for starters!

Greg. :)
Thanks!

Here is the short story. I was able to fulfill a lifelong dream of having a nice garage and accumulate a few cars. I had a number of complications finding the right space that I won't bore you with but I finally found this space which is a 2,270 sq ft commercial space in a building with 8 units. It was bare bones when I started. I added the bathroom, a wash bay with a required triple trap drain. I finished the floor, painted the walls and added split unit A/C as well as couch, desk, wi-fi, cabinets, etc. I already had a 2003 350Z and a 2010 GT500 and added the 64 TBird, 71 Boss (a lifelong want). I then got the 911 Turbo, and last year the M5 and then the 70 Jag. I have run out of space so I will take it easy for a while. The best thing is my wife is extremely supportive so that makes things easier. I typically come here on the weekend if I can and then maybe an evening during the week. I still work so I don't have as much time as I would like. I have had this space for about 2.5 years.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

That Sir, is over the top. :p 

I think you will have to supply us with more background information on that setup! :p 

You should receive  4 rep points on bragging rights just for starters!

Thanks!

Here is the short story. I was able to fulfill a lifelong dream of having a nice garage and accumulate a few cars. I had a number of complications finding the right space that I won't bore you with but I finally found this space which is a 2,270 sq ft commercial space in a building with 8 units. It was bare bones when I started. I added the bathroom, a wash bay with a required triple trap drain. I finished the floor, painted the walls and added split unit A/C as well as couch, desk, wi-fi, cabinets, etc. I already had a 2003 350Z and a 2010 GT500 and added the 64 TBird, 71 Boss (a lifelong want). I then got the 911 Turbo, and last year the M5 and then the 70 Jag. I have run out of space so I will take it easy for a while. The best thing is my wife is extremely supportive so that makes things easier. I typically come here on the weekend if I can and then maybe an evening during the week. I still work so I don't have as much time as I would like. I have had this space for about 2.5 years.

John

Sorry John,

It appears i got you first name wrong there. In any case, that's an interesting story, and thanks for sharing. You do have a fantastic working setup there, and you would have every right to be very proud and happy with the whole thing. ::thumb::

it's mine

23 ft x 23 ft with a two post lift

Cheers

Frank

Nice setup there Frank, and very stylish too. Great to have the lift as well. ::thumb::

Thanks Greg!

It's built in the style of a timbered house. The skeleton has just wooden bolts, no nails or screws.

The skeleton is done by a professional carpenter. Paneling, roofing, insulation, and wiring was my task.

Yes the two post lift is a great help.

Cheers from Germany

Frank

Here is mine.... a bit crowded with car parts all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Pretty darn good setup there Tony.

You're well organized and have the where with all to get some good work done on the Mustang as well. Great to have the scissor lift at your disposal too. ::thumb::

Awesome caves! Man....I need to win the lotto, so I can get my garage built. At the moment, my car is stashed at a friends converted barn....together with some other nice 'stablemates'.

Here is a picture of what the garage will look like and where you have to IMAGINE it placed! Please....I am not a traitor to the forum.......just a project TA standing in for the 429cj/mach1!

Not sure if this one counts but all I can afford, besides the shed at the back is full of tools, parts etc so no room for a couch let alone the Mustang!

Cost me $180 at Supercrap Autos so if a storm blows it apart I won't cry and yes it is bolted to the concrete

P1020930.jpg

Thanks. When I built it I put up the largest and tallest garage the city would allow which wasn't much on the height side (9' foot walls and then had to go 4/12 pitch on the roof to keep it down). We are selling the house as we purchased a small property outside of the city limits on 2 acres, so I will be putting up my new shop this late summer/fall. Will be 40x40 with 12' side walls, in floor heat, a bathroom with a shower (mandated by my wife) and a lift.

brb calling a contractor to have one of the barns you guys have installed  :whistling:

Nygqtuvl.jpg

Just a 1-1/2 car garage but it's the biggest space I've had to work on the car and it's my first house. I would like to build a garage big enough for a lift and space to work one day but that won't happen for at least a few years. I have a decent amount of yard for where I live so it's just a matter of paying for it (and taxes  :mad: )

brb calling a contractor to have one of the barns you guys have installed  :whistling:

Nygqtuvl.jpg

Just a 1-1/2 car garage but it's the biggest space I've had to work on the car and it's my first house. I would like to build a garage big enough for a lift and space to work one day but that won't happen for at least a few years. I have a decent amount of yard for where I live so it's just a matter of paying for it (and taxes  :mad: )
Yes taxes are an issue, hence why I am moving out of the city so I will only have to pay county taxes. Also I built the garage with the help of my brother in-law in three days time for under $7,000 plus the concrete work which is beyond my scope.

I won't mention Arkansas taxes.  No need to upset some of you.
I'm paying $8k+ which is considered pretty low. I know people paying 25k+ :shootself:

Back