SOME MORE PARTS FITTING--PICS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take a shot at an answer, I believe Scott's is an original Boss 351... they came with chrome bumpers and almost the whole hood was black.
Scott's car is a 72 mach 1. I know Boss's have chrome bumpers and mostly black hood.
My car is a 72 mach q-code (351-cj) The production date is 12/71 So it was built at the end of the 71 run going into 72....The date code on the bumper support /bumper mounting arms match the car's production date..I've owned it since 1979 & that is the way it came from the factory. It is a 4 speed .. competition susp ..deluxe interior car.

Scott, did I miss any news about the custom grill...or was all postponed untill the camaro was finished? I was (still am) very curious about that grill. :d

Scott, did I miss any news about the custom grill...or was all postponed untill the camaro was finished? I was (still am) very curious about that grill. :d
D..you didn't miss it..Postponed till the Camaro was finished.. I was at the S.M.G. the other day gearing up to start back on the stang. We installed a bunch of more lights in the shop..& was planning our course of attack ! Stay tuned !

I'll take a shot at an answer, I believe Scott's is an original Boss 351... they came with chrome bumpers and almost the whole hood was black.
Scott's car is a 72 mach 1. I know Boss's have chrome bumpers and mostly black hood.
My car is a 72 mach q-code (351-cj) The production date is 12/71 So it was built at the end of the 71 run going into 72....The date code on the bumper support /bumper mounting arms match the car's production date..I've owned it since 1979 & that is the way it came from the factory. It is a 4 speed .. competition susp ..deluxe interior car.
Scott,

Just happened across this post

I respectfully disagree, Mach 1's did not come with chrome bumpers.

Around 9 / 71 - 10 / 71 would be start of the new model year

At 12 / 71, I would say the last six of your vin is around 155,000

Car would have the 72 model year emissions but still some 71 items.

Probably has 71 non-sensor front seat belts and non retractable rear seat belts with no passenger side " fasten seat belt " light

Might still have 71 center seat back release latches on front seats.

It is possible the dealer changed the bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,

Probably has 71 non-sensor front seat belts and non retractable rear seat belts with no passenger side " fasten seat belt " light

Humm ...Well Don, when I get back on the stang & dig out some more parts I will dig deeper & post up what I have for part #'s & Info. Appreciate the info !

The great thing about this site is that when there is a question and differing answers, we don't get all bent around the axle and start flaming each other. I have left other sites because of that. This forum is refreshing! Good job guys!

It is looking pretty good with a chrome bumper... and the mystery grill... well I cant wait for the pics, keep em coming.I actually found the Saturday Morning Garage site last spring before I found this site and when I seen "Q" was on here I knew I was in the right place. Thanks for all the posts and Pics you put on here "Q"!!

Scott,

Scott did your mach have the rubber extensions between the fenders and the bumper. Their not their on rubber pumper cars.

It is looking pretty good with a chrome bumper... and the mystery grill... well I cant wait for the pics, keep em coming.I actually found the Saturday Morning Garage site last spring before I found this site and when I seen "Q" was on here I knew I was in the right place. Thanks for all the posts and Pics you put on here "Q"!!
Thanks BBH ! More "stuff" coming shortly :D

Scott,

Scott did your mach have the rubber extensions between the fenders and the bumper. Their not their on rubber pumper cars.
I can't remember but I want to say yes..I'm going to have to look at some old pictures from when I bought the car..& I still have lot's of parts put away from when the car was disassembled that I haven't gotten to yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BBH ! More "stuff" coming shortly :D

Scott,

I can't remember but I want to say yes..I'm going to have to look at some old pictures from when I bought the car..& I still have lot's of parts put away from when the car was disassembled that I haven't gotten to yet.
Scott if the rubber extensions were their and with your trained eye knowing that the car wasn't wrecked. I would say it was a miss built unit witch easily could have happened. Bob Perkins has a Boss 351 with a Mach 1 hood black out treatment instead of full hood black out.

Back