Sprint Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed in all respects. With Rex's blessing of it being a Sprint, I agree with the others - get a Marti report, and then restomod it to your heart's content. Keep the looks Sprint, and make the rest of it all 71Coupe!!:cool:

Doc

well... i think you have yourself a great project then!... You´re totally right in something too... Sprints have a real classic, nice and kinda "toy" asthetics... if you power that looks with a powerful engine, more than one is going to get surpriced when you push your gas pedal ;)

I agree with some ideas here of the "compromise" to keep the sprint as is, in his appearence... Don´t forget it is a historical car and should be kept in order not to loose another example of that time...

Besides all that, if you start this project as a restomod in which you keep the looks and tune the mechanics, you are going to have fun from both sides... Asthetics and body/trim restoration is a fun thing not only to do, but to research and tune an engine we all know how pleasent it is when you listen to that big fat exhaust noise that only shows power after power ;)

Well... count on me for everything i can help!... I´m not professional in anything but i think i have the good eye to search and figure things out to do the best job you can do with the minimal budget (as mine is all the time! jeje)

Don´t you have more pics??... I think it would be great if you take 50... 100 pics of the car as is from every angle so we can start discussing part by part and trying to get the best deal and the best result in every inch... That informative pics HAVE to be taken before you start dissambling the car... Sounds like you have work to do in a lor of ways!!...

Ohh!! another thing... yesterday i went to my car and i found the VIN in the cowl area... it´s readable from the outside... (close to the heating hoses in the engine bay).... You can try to see if yours there too...

well guy... (what´s your name??)... we keep in touch!!

RestoMod it is!

Thanks fellas for all your input and advice. It nice to see and hear what you guys think. It's actually great motivation!! I'm looking forward to the restomod.. I will take more pics...as a matter of fact...just took some pics this AM...if you look close enough you can see the original blue paint on the hood that was painted over with black, the red pin stripes on the hood and fenders. I think this is little more proof that it was a "sprint".

stanghood.jpg

stang_rtfender.jpg

stanglftfender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed it is a sprint ;) But don´t forget to get the marti report and to start the research about every detail you can get about the sprint coupe design... the small details are the one that makes a car believable ;)

Restomod is on its way then.. CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Now... tell us about you plan for the restoration.. which steps are you planning to make??... You´re gonna need a really good job in the body, that´s for my experience, the most important thing to start... do the body JUST ONE TIME and do the right thing in every part, in every step...

RestoMod it is!

Thanks fellas for all your input and advice. It nice to see and hear what you guys think. It's actually great motivation!! I'm looking forward to the restomod.. I will take more pics...as a matter of fact...just took some pics this AM...if you look close enough you can see the original blue paint on the hood that was painted over with black, the red pin stripes on the hood and fenders. I think this is little more proof that it was a "sprint".
What a find good luck with it.

Back