Sun screen anyone?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
So does anyone keep sunscreen in the Mustang? I've spent the day making up errands so I had to drive around as much as possible in the Texas 80+ degrees sunshine. I wore my sunglasses all day so I'm sure I'm going to look like a raccoon by in the morning (I wasn't wearing the cap most of the time)! Truth be told I couldn't be ANY happier about it! This is the first convertible I've ever owned and I certainly chose well. I'm even more in love with this car than I was!

Bugs??? That's the job of the windshield !

LOL: Never worried about it years ago, now its an issue since they have been taking small chunks off me (initial cancer formations) for the last 15 years....I think if someone markets a shampoo for those of us with *ahem!* 'thinning on the topside' they would make a fortune.

I have to apply sun screen as I leave the shower in the morning when I know I'll be out and about in the great outdoors and that includes driving the vert. For the most part it helps.

Couple baseball caps in the car, but sometimes they get too friggin warm and I'll tuck them into the rear seat wells.

BTW: I do sometimes keep a small tube in the center console, but sometimes the heat will overwhelm it.....messy. Keep it in a baggie.

I have to use it all the time as I am actually allergic. Which is kinda weird when you know that I am quite dark skinned and get a deep suntan immediately. But right after the suntan is there I get the worst rash you could imagine.

So I have to use sunscreen level 50. Yup that stuff they use for babies. Anything lower than that will not work.

Don't like it but it beats staying inside all summer long.

Latest posts

Back