T-5 trans question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 "Q Code"
I am currently still doing sheet metal work on my 73 but picked up a 351C 2v from another member a couple months ago. While I am at it, I was thinking about what trans I want to use. Car was originally an automatic but already has the clutch pedal setup installed. I have heard about members putting a T5 5 speed transmission in and loving it. Any advice on what year/vehicle model, etc that I can look for in my search? Also, any bell housing information that I may need to know for correct setup would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks all

Tom

86 to 93 T5. Stock Fox Body bell housing. Are you using a cable set up? I recommend it. Make sure you get 86 to 93. 94-95 have a longer input shaft and the shifter is farther back. Before 86 they were not the WC (world class) trans. MDL (modern drive line) sells a very nice cable set up. I had to have my driveshaft shortened and rebalanced. It is a fantastic upgrade. I have a thread on here somewhere detailing the FMX to T5 swap that lists a lot of the parts used.

Latest posts

Back