Tire upgrade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadking

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1, 351C 2v
FMX transmission
I'm going to upgrade my tires and wheels on my 73 Mach 1. Currently I have 14's (steel wheels and Ranger wheels) and am looking to upgrade to a 15's with Cragar's! This is going to be a daily driver, so how wide of a tire would work best and have that meaty look it? Any suggestions would be great!

I think my preference for 15" Cragars would be 295/50s with 15x10" rims in the rear and 235/60s with 15x8 on the front. This set up has the front tire height slightly shorter than the back. 245 fronts will be of equal height. Backspacing will be critical. Fronts are probably fine with 0 offset, 4 1/2" BS. There have been a few different threads discussing rear backspace with a couple of different looks depending on your preference and suspension set up. If you search for "widest tire" it will find that thread, or possibly the link below will link to it. You could probably go bigger, but this would definitely give you a meaty look, IMO.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-s-the-widest-tire?highlight=widest+tire

Scott

Latest posts

Back