Turn signals more b.s.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul M

Reaction score
My Car
73 loaded Q code car w/a 351 4v C6 it came with 2 cars in parts.
I was having problems with the turn signals, replaced the turn signal assy. and it worked for 2 whole months. I was having a separate problem with the left blinker light not working in the dash, I tweaked the tang on the bulb socket to fix it. So, this has nothing to do with this. All the lights work front and rear with the lights on. The hazards activate both front and the left rear. Brake lights only light up the left rear. Turn the right turn signal on the front right works with no rear signal light. Turn the left on the rear left works, no front signal. I can hear the flashers on all processes. The bulbs are all good, the sockets are all clean & the prongs are still spring loaded. The grounds have been cleaned and reinstalled. I have used a test light to check the switch, only do not have any information on which wires are supposed to be activated under which circumstances. The left activates one more wire than the right leaving me to believe it's missing a signal. I personally think if I pulled apart this plastic signal attachment and monkey'd around with the tangs on the back of the switch assy, I could get this to work. I want to be certain it is the turn signal switch again. I hope I can get it exchanged. Has anybody pryed one of these switches apart to reposition the tangs that drag along the pins. Maybe one of the pins is seated down too far. I may have waited too long to return this. Is there an actual turn signal switch wire diagram? It would be nice to know the wire color that goes to each signal. Someone posted one here today and I couldn't blow it up large enough. If the guy gets back to me I'll just replace it again!

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    655.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I was having problems with the turn signals, replaced the turn signal assy. and it worked for 2 whole months. I was having a separate problem with the left blinker light not working in the dash, I tweaked the tang on the bulb socket to fix it. So, this has nothing to do with this. All the lights work front and rear with the lights on. The hazards activate both front and the left rear. Brake lights only light up the left rear. Turn the right turn signal on the front right works with no rear signal light. Turn the left on the rear left works, no front signal. I can hear the flashers on all processes. The bulbs are all good, the sockets are all clean & the prongs are still spring loaded. The grounds have been cleaned and reinstalled. I have used a test light to check the switch, only do not have any information on which wires are supposed to be activated under which circumstances. The left activates one more wire than the right leaving me to believe it's missing a signal. I personally think if I pulled apart this plastic signal attachment and monkey'd around with the tangs on the back of the switch assy, I could get this to work. I want to be certain it is the turn signal switch again. I hope I can get it exchanged. Has anybody pryed one of these switches apart to reposition the tangs that drag along the pins. Maybe one of the pins is seated down too far. I may have waited too long to return this. Is there an actual turn signal switch wire diagram? It would be nice to know the wire color that goes to each signal. Someone posted one here today and I couldn't blow it up large enough. If the guy gets back to me I'll just replace it again!
Yes, I have removed the rivets holding that flasher switch together and used 4/40's to put it back together, I can't remember if there is a spring in there so just be careful. Let me know if this is the diagram you need.

Attachments

• Mach-blinker.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Ooops, forgot to check the date this was posted. Hope it all worked out.

Back