vent duct tips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach1
I have a 73 Mach w/o a/c and I am in the process of putting a switch on the parking brake and found that the easiest way was to remove the outside air vent duct to gain access to the side of the parking brake.
That being said as you may know it is not easy to get up under there but I was able to do it. Now I KNOW it is going to be a real bi@!ch getting it back or should I say getting the nuts that hold it back on.
If I am able to just get them on with a few turn I will be set, Any tips or tricks that can help me get the nuts started would be a great help.
This is the duct that attaches to the bottom of the dash, you can see it when you open the hood.

Thanks

Well I figured something out ,I got some small magnets and used 3 of them on the inside of the socket and it worked great. Now I know they make inserts for this but this was a lot cheaper and I can use them for other things.
I also found a switch for the parking brake that was only $11.00 that is still available part no.F2UZ-15A851-A that works great for anyone that might be interested, 1714088076311.jpeg

Well I figured something out ,I got some small magnets and used 3 of them on the inside of the socket and it worked great. Now I know they make inserts for this but this was a lot cheaper and I can use them for other things.
I also found a switch for the parking brake that was only $11.00 that is still available part no.F2UZ-15A851-A that works great for anyone that might be interested, View attachment 88081
Where did you find it fir $11?

Without going into detail, how did you wire it in? It seems a parallel circuit to the differential pressure switch might work?
I just spliced the ground wire from the warning light, which is #977 purple/white. I spliced it somewhere under the panel so I don't have to run another wire out through the firewall. I don't remember exactly where though.

Latest posts

Back