Window Hardware?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
I am slowly putting my '73 convertible back together and I think I am missing hardware inside the door for the windows. I have the glass and the bracket that attaches to the glass, drilled out the rivets and got some bolts to reattach and opened up the door to start the process. Looks like the only hardware inside the door at the moment is the regulator. I don't see anywhere to attach the glass bracket to, and no front and rear guide rails that I assumed would be there the round guides attached to the glass. Is there a picture or video that I can look at to see how it is supposed to go together and look like?

Well, I’m no window expert, but I do have the 1973-79 Ford Product Manual, and I found this parts list pages and illustrations for a 1973 Mustang. Hope it helps:

IMG_1004.pngIMG_1005.pngIMG_1006.pngIMG_1007.pngIMG_1008.pngIMG_1009.pngIMG_1010.pngIMG_1010.pngIMG_1011.png

1973-79 Ford Car MPAC.png1973-79 Ford Car MPAC 4.png1973-79 Ford Car MPAC 2.png1973-79 Ford Car MPAC 3.png1973-79 Ford Car MPAC 5.png
IMG_1012.png

Same info I have on hand. You took some time to dig ll that up, and share it. Kudos...

I rarely have to get into my Parts Manuals, but when I do I am always very glad I got those manuals.

An aside, many of the Forel PDF manuals I have are password protected to keep folks copying and distributing manuals, hence cutting them out of receiving revenue for their offerings. I get that, but in having password protected their documents I find any excerpts taken, wether tken as a Copy Page(s) or ScreenShot, come out fuzzy and with poor, unclear image quality. I found an application (one of several) that runs on a Mac/Apple platform that removes the password on most of their documents. Once their password had been found and removed I find my snippets and page copies are clear and sharp. That said, I do not abuse their copyright, I grab pertinent info for whatever project need said info to continue, and share it freely - never selling the work. I m certain I am operating within what is allowed by law (fair use, only a few ScreenShots and/or pages for providing assistance. And, I almost always provide the Forel link and suggest they get some of their excellent publications. Fair is fair, after all. This is their main site I use to find my many manuals:

https://www.forelpublishing.com/clickbank/index.html

Anyway, it has worked on most of their PDF files, although it was unable to process the 1965 Mustang wiring schematic. It did work on the 1966 Mustang schematic, and 65-66 is pretty much the same, so no problem. The product is called "Coolmuster PDF Password Remover For Mac" I have version 2.1.18. Their web site is: https://www.coolmuster.com/support.html

If you are running into iMac applications with pages that cant be shared without losing resolution this may help you also. I sure hope so.

I am slowly putting my '73 convertible back together and I think I am missing hardware inside the door for the windows. I have the glass and the bracket that attaches to the glass, drilled out the rivets and got some bolts to reattach and opened up the door to start the process. Looks like the only hardware inside the door at the moment is the regulator. I don't see anywhere to attach the glass bracket to, and no front and rear guide rails that I assumed would be there the round guides attached to the glass. Is there a picture or video that I can look at to see how it is supposed to go together and look like?
I have some door window misc. parts for sale on my Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/1972pony

Back