windshield cleaning

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
has anyone tried cleaning the windshield with Bon Ami 1886 formula? I have a film on my glass that is either from road grime or from the silicone wiper blades but it wont come off with windex or soap/ammonia. I read that BMW suggests cleaning their windshields with this Bon Ami powder and water. I have heard of glass refinishers using extremely fine steel wool but im not going to try that.

I use a product called Glass Wax.

You apply it with a damp cloth and

let it dry to a haze. Wipe off. Seems

leave a coating on the glass making it

easier to clean next time. Also reveals

all the chips and scatches on your window.

mike

has anyone tried cleaning the windshield with Bon Ami 1886 formula? I have a film on my glass that is either from road grime or from the silicone wiper blades but it wont come off with windex or soap/ammonia. I read that BMW suggests cleaning their windshields with this Bon Ami powder and water. I have heard of glass refinishers using extremely fine steel wool but im not going to try that.
Yes, You actually end up using it to buff the hard water spots off. Rinse liberally, plan on washing the car after.

Also, look for some glass stripper at the parts store. I use it once in a while to get back to clean glass before re-applying Rain-X

Back