• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 72 AM/FM 8-trac and Sprint Promo Items & Ertl 1:18 Die Cast

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonhawayek

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof Sprint with 351 4V (Q code) Auto
Just acquired a 72 Sprint Sportsroof.

WTB: an AM/FM 8-trac. I can have it rebuilt if necessary.

Also looking for Ertl 1:18 Sprint Die Cast( see below) and any other Sprint promo items. ( ex of display below)

I already have magazine ads and post card.

Thanks,

Jon

Keep an eye out for the 8 track on ebay. I got two, one working and one for parts for $90.00. The 71 is different has Mustang on the door for tape I think. The 72 and 73 should be the same. The wire harness going to the doors, boots, speakers and grills are hard to find also. The 71 speaker grills have only one vertical bar in the center 72 - 73 has 2.

Here is pics of the wiring for door speakers. Good luck if you have PW also.

Keep an eye out for the 8 track on ebay. I got two, one working and one for parts for $90.00. The 71 is different has Mustang on the door for tape I think. The 72 and 73 should be the same. The wire harness going to the doors, boots, speakers and grills are hard to find also. The 71 speaker grills have only one vertical bar in the center 72 - 73 has 2.

Here is the wiring for stereo and power windows!!!  I am starting to clean it up to install it in the Lime 429 car!!

Here is the wiring for stereo and power windows!!!  I am starting to clean it up to install it in the Lime 429 car!!

That is a  hens tooth for sure. I have one 72 vert that had PW & AM/FM and my 73 Mach 1 has PW & AM / 8 Track. To all you out there if you ever find a parts car with the harness complete you should pick it up. Cougar would be the same I think. The clips that hold the chrome bezel on the 71 - 72 are also difficult. People pry them off and break the clips. You should slip a thin blade in from the side and release the clips.

Back