Emergency Flashers with LED Sequentials

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eags 73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convert
302 Ram Air
Auto 4sp w/od
My 73 came with the tail lights already converted to LEDs with a kit from Mustang Depot by the previous owner. I have no literature on them. The lights work fine but I cannot get them to work in the emergency flash mode. Anyone know if they use the factory flasher etc to work the led set up? There is some sort of electronic module in the dashboard that appears to have something to do with the led set-up but as far as I can tell they use the factory wires and rear light harness.

LED's don't come on at all in Emergency? or they don't sequence? With the stock Emergency flasher in the steering column the LED's should not sequence, but they should still flash like normal.

With the stock Emergency flasher in the steering column the LED's should not sequence, but they should still flash like normal.
Probably for the best. I can already hear the chebbie guys. "On a Ford its worth the time and money to customize the emergency flashers, seeing as to how often they'll be on."

LED's don't come on at all in Emergency? or they don't sequence? With the stock Emergency flasher in the steering column the LED's should not sequence, but they should still flash like normal.
They don't come on at all. I may be overthinking this, could be as simple as a bad or missing flasher. Will try to dig into that tomorrow night. Thanks!

If it is the original flasher it may not be able to handle the LED's. Something about the low amperage? Doesn't allow them to heat up...or cool down one of the two.

I finally got around to checking this problem out more throughly and found that it was a bad emergency flasher (standard type) and replaced it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Back