Sports roof interior pax door handle.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Is there any difference between interior door handles? This door is not original as it is a different color on the inside and had a speaker. It fits "ok", but the latch assy it should bolt to has 2 alignment tabs, and the driver's has only 1. The 2 handles I have also have only 1 cutout for that alignment tab. Would I be looking for a deluxe handle to go with this door or what?

Hello Danno,

Yes, There are 2 different door handles. One for the standard door panel and one for the Deluxe Door panel. Here is the info from the Ford Master Parts.

35aqaop.jpg

Control and Link Assembly

9r5d1t.jpg

Handle-Door Inside

20ji78m.jpg

Source: Ford Motor Master Parts Catalog

I was trying to find a better illustration, but the book only shows the standard door pull and latch.

Thank You

mustang7173 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LET US SEE SOME PICTURES
Not too clear on how to post pics. Have tried before with no luck.

I will try to describe what I am trying to say............

My driver's interior handle assy is a pull type, attached by one bolt to the latch assy. The latch assy has one raised tab that sort of aligns a slot in the handle onto the latch and the bolt hole on the latch. The pax side, a different door, has the same looking latch assy except it has two tabs, and since the handles I have have only one slot, they will not align on the latch. Where do I get a handle with 2 slots?:-/

Hello Danno,

Yes, There are 2 different door handles. One for the standard door panel and one for the Deluxe Door panel. Here is the info from the Ford Master Parts.

35aqaop.jpg

Control and Link Assembly

9r5d1t.jpg

Handle-Door Inside

20ji78m.jpg

Source: Ford Motor Master Parts Catalog

I was trying to find a better illustration, but the book only shows the standard door pull and latch.

Thank You

mustang7173 :)
Thanks. This the exact way my driver's door looks. The pax door latch has 2 tabs. You can see the driver's door handle has 1 slot, I would need a handle with 2 slots to work on the pax latch.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Danno,

When respond to a thread, click on preview post and there you can use the Tinypc to upload your pictures. Sometimes the upload does not work. So, I copy and paste the link into the post.

mustang7173

Danno,

When respond to a thread, click on preview post and there you can use the Tinypc to upload your pictures. Sometimes the upload does not work. So, I copy and paste the link into the post.

mustang7173
Looked at the latch again and saw that there is a small plate riveted to it, that if removed, will make it a standard latch. This plate has the second tab in it. Removing it leaves only the latch with the tab in the middle, where it will align with a standard pull handle.

Back