1972 Mustang Convertible on CL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do I start? Well lets translate the ad.

Typical rust = full restoration with extensive metal replacement, floors, trunk pan, quarters, rear wheelhouses, fenders, inner fenders,doors and so on and so on.

Good Interior: needs seats reupholstered and a new carpet, door panels look good and probably dash is alright.

Not running, needs a motor: Probably a lot more mechanical too from sitting for decades.

I would pass and have been seeing this car advertised for months now with no interest. I wonder why? Hmmm.

If that thing has solid pans and isn't sagging, the unibody may be worth $2,000 - IF the rest of the rust is minimal. Add or subtract from there.

However, the '65 sitting next to it suggests that this fellow is not on his first Mustang. "Fair body" and "typical rust" from someone with enough knowledge of floor pans = worthless parts car to me.

If the pans are rusted enough, then you are buying some questionable engine parts, a used interior with dashboard, convertible top frame, and maybe a solid fender or hood. $500-700 territory, plus the cost of storage and tear down (that "cost" includes the potential headaches courtesy your spouse, landlord, or mother-in-law, as the case may be).

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Cincinnati.... says it all (goshen).... that is the sound of the wind passing through the dash and floor boards.
"This here car I'm selling is a 1972 Mustang Convertible."

"Looks like a Sportsroof to me."

"It's a convertible - you can get the wind in your hair when you drive it."

"How can that be when it has a roof?"

"There ain't no floorboards."

"How much is this prize package again?"

"Well, the blue book says #2 convertibles are..."

"Bye!"

-Kurt

Kurt (cudak888) Wrote:

"(that "cost" includes the potential headaches courtesy your spouse, landlord, or mother-in-law, as the case may be)."

There has got to be a good name for that!!!!!!!!!!

PITA costs?

Those are the costs no one considers until they start experiencing them first hand!

Ray

Kurt (cudak888) Wrote:

"(that "cost" includes the potential headaches courtesy your spouse, landlord, or mother-in-law, as the case may be)."
There has got to be a good name for that!!!!!!!!!!

PITA costs?
Landlord = PITA costs. The rest are SHSS ("should have stayed single") costs.

-Kurt

Back