Replacing the 72 w/ a 91

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stangace20

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 351C Gold Glow
1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
Yeah,yeah, I know, and for the record if I would keep it I could

But....circumstances have changed to where that is not an option. Especially since are my parents are going to be moving into a smaller house w/ less parking space, and now I am on the other side of town (in an apartment w/ a small parking space) it has now become a ridiculous production just to get over to my parents house to try and take care of it. So while it was great while I was closer before and could take care of it better and drive it more often. My dad (who legally owns the car) has decided he doesn't have the time to take care of it by himself w/ all his other projects and has decided to sell it.

However when he told me about his decision a few months ago HE ALSO made the suggestion that I should get a fox....since he actually wanted me to stay active w/ my local stang club and such. AND he said that he would actually help me fix it up if I could find a decent one w/ some of the money he gets from the sale of the mach 1.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-very-nice-gold-glow-1972-mach-1-for-sale

Now we haven't sold it yet (only been getting lowball offers of 16k at most) So he's been nice enough to give me a rain check on it for when he eventually does since I was able to buy a pretty decent 91 LX 5.0 hatchback.

IMG_20131224_132301_376.jpg

The car is a bit rough on the outside w/ faded/splotchy paint, but is otherwise a pretty decent car both mechanically and w/ the interior.

IMG_20131210_144420_748.jpg

We're not going to do too much to it, since it's going to be more of a DD that I can take to shows rather than it being purely for shows and weekends (like the mach). First thing to be done is to have it repainted...we chose modern but stock ford colors. Mainly RUBY RED METALLIC and INGOT METALLIC (sorta like my new sig).

And when that's done we're gonna put in new headlights, swap the interior for leather instead of cloth, tint the windows, and probably just clean up the stock wheels (may eventually replace them though).

IMG_20131224_132315_793.jpg

So I'll of course be sad to the see the mach go, and I'm not sure what it'll mean as far as my activity on this site, but at least I'm not completely without a mustang, and I have also seen fiberglass hoods for foxes that are somewhat reminiscent of the mach 1 hoods (made by cervini I think). So I may eventually get one of those too, just as a bit of a nod towards the departing pony

Aw man that's a shame! You gotta do what you gotta do...Nice Fox though!

Funny how things go. I will be putting my Fox body up for sale after the 50th so I can move forward with the Mach 1.

To bad our timing is off. You could have bought mine and be ready to roll.

Knotts 2012 010.jpg

Funny how things go. I will be putting my Fox body up for sale after the 50th so I can move forward with the Mach 1.

I know mike...especially since mine's going to be painted similar to yours too....but keeping the mach 1 is just not an option.

Like I said the fact is I'd have no place to store it even if I tried to keep it....since I live in an apartment. It's in a nice area but only one small parking space....and the fact is that a fox fits in it no problem whereas the mach 1 would stick out a mile, plus it's not DD material which I would of course need.

So....it sucks, but that's just how it goes.

But at the very least mike, you won't have to worry about me being competition at MBTB now....in either 71-73 or the 79-93 class,lol

Last edited by a moderator:

UPDATE: The 91 is prepped and ready for paint, should be getting it back later this week where I will then be sending the seats off to be re-upholstered in leather, and maybe replacing some of the carpets

WP_20140307_12_30_13_Smart.jpg

GOT IT!

WP_20140314_18_37_50_Smart.jpg

They still gotta put the badges back on and buff out a few sections but we held the guy to his two weeks deadline, so he relented and let us have it for a while. lol

Looks nice. I hate to see the Mach go (unless it were coming to my house) but I understand the circumstances. I hope t brings the full value.

Back