Aus prices Vs US prices

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
Just thought I would post this out of interest. Nice 66 cyclone GT and a 70 cyclone GT detail and prices in the links under each pic

Both are about 5-6 grand above the local market IMO but look to be very tidy examples. How do they compare to What's available stateside? What would a similar car sell for in the USA. I know its a bit subjective but at least we can compare similar spec cars and a ball park figure is fine.

eivbrb.jpg
[/img]

http://tinyurl.com/mvjvzcl

29f8mc2.jpg
[/img]

http://tinyurl.com/marnfk5

Last edited by a moderator:
you'z guyz must make a ton of money over there....

48K? That is a nice car and well respected classic. you must have "cable" because the owner has been watching too much Barrett Jackson

Pretty much the same for the comet. They just never took off as a hot rod classic. for those prices.

I like the yellow Comet on ebay for that price much better than the green for 42K Great looking car the 70. Never seen one at a show. Front end is a luv it or hate it feature that I think looks awesome. The orange Comet GT is from the same shop as the ugly 72 Stang with the ugly body molding kit.

Thanks Woodsnake. I think the are about 5 grand over for the 66 and about 6-8 grand over for the green 70. When you consider that its 10+ thousand on top of the US buy price by the time you have 1 on the road here it sort puts things in perspective especially if you have to do any restoration work over that as well

48K? That is a nice car and well respected classic. you must have "cable" because the owner has been watching too much Barrett Jackson

Pretty much the same for the comet. They just never took off as a hot rod classic. for those prices.
Being a bit of a Mercury fan I just don't get why hardly anybody likes them a 428 cougar is half the money of a 428 mustang. 65 66 comets are some of fords best looking cars if you ask me.

Thanks Woodsnake. I think the are about 5 grand over for the 66 and about 6-8 grand over for the green 70. When you consider that its 10+ thousand on top of the US buy price by the time you have 1 on the road here it sort puts things in perspective especially if you have to do any restoration work over that as well

Being a bit of a Mercury fan I just don't get why hardly anybody likes them a 428 cougar is half the money of a 428 mustang. 65 66 comets are some of fords best looking cars if you ask me.
oh I get it. The Mercury was the refined luxury line. The Cyclone, a fancy azz option of the Torino and frankly I WOULD own one. Not for that price though. The Cougar ...well I've owned a 70 and it was going to get the works. An Xr7 with the luxury interior bucket seats and just a great combo of luxury and sport. Mine, a 351 H ...next best thing to the big block it was GOING to be "the car" buddy of mine had the 70 with the 429. Well the 67 convertible came available and I knew I had to take it while I had the chance.

a big block 429 and especially a 4spd would get my attention real quick. Truth known...the Mustang was a cheap car back in the day and the Mercury, a luxury car sold to only those whom had the money.

Yeah Luke I know exactly what you are saying. I too love the Mercury's and can't understand why the big difference in prices compared to a similar Ford badged example. The only two examples of Cougars that brings decent money are the GT-E 427 powered ones and the Boss 302 examples. A mate of mine owns a beautiful very low mileage 69 fully optioned triple black "M" code Cougar survivor. I offered him a fairly decent price for the car, not long before buying my Q code vert. He said he wasn't really interested in selling, OK fair enough. A few months later, work dies down and he puts it on the market, ends up dropping the price to $30k and couldn't even get anyone to look at it for that price. His work ended picking back up, so he didn't have to drop his price any lower, as it would've been giving this car away, and he still has it today, thankfully.

I went on a chase for a couple of GTEs not so long ago 1 was a gold 390 GTE that end up in country vic was up here in Childers with another 1. Is Bill your mates name I remember talking to a Bill down your way before I got my mach about a triple black cougar then it all went quite. Drove down looked at another very rusty 70 big block eliminator on the goldie. There is a very nice 65 comet caliente on the sunny coast very good car offered decent cash for it but the bloke was a nob head so I got the 73. His comet is still for sale for about a grand less than my offer 12 months ago.

I would swap my Mustang for a Cyclone good Cougar or a Maruader pretty quick.

I went on a chase for a couple of GTEs not so long ago. Is Bill your mates name
I do know of a few Bills (not just the ones that disappear out of my wallet) but none of which own that Cougar.

I went on a chase for a couple of GTEs not so long ago. Is Bill your mates name
I do know of a few Bills (not just the ones that disappear out of my wallet) but none of which own that Cougar.
Yeh OK it was most likely some one that knows some one wouldn't be a lot of black survivor cougars down your way. Glad he got to keep it.

I just moved from an 18 month assignment in Brisbane and, yes, everything is outrageously expensive there. Salaries are relatively high but between taxes and the cost of living become less than great. At least that is what I saw of the local folks that worked for me. The locals seemed to be oblivious of this.

I just moved from an 18 month assignment in Brisbane and, yes, everything is outrageously expensive there. Salaries are relatively high but between taxes and the cost of living become less than great. At least that is what I saw of the local folks that worked for me. The locals seemed to be oblivious of this.
Oh no where not. Australia used to be a haven for the working man now we get screwed by every Govenment we have had for the last 10 years.

Oh no where not. Australia used to be a haven for the working man now we get screwed by every Govenment we have had for the last 10 years.
move to the US....we actually get screwed by the people "we" hire and then we "hire" them again after we've discovered they screwed us.

Ha same here. Wouldn't move to proud of being an Aussie and I would have to learn a funny accent. If I did move to the US it would be Texas. I heard someone say Texas was a flat land of beer and fornication guns and HotRods. Sounds like home already :D

Ha same here. Wouldn't move to proud of being an Aussie and I would have to learn a funny accent. If I did move to the US it would be Texas. I heard someone say Texas was a flat land of beer and fornication guns and HotRods. Sounds like home already :D
That aint true there is one raised area of land in Texas.

Exactly right there Luke, if you think working for someone sucks big time, try being self employed. Talk about suck you dry and leave you with sweet F/A, sometimes I reckon I'd probably be better off on the dole. Been thinking about getting a boat, put a rag on my head and float off the coast of WA, ring them up and tell the to come and get me, then have my hand out to get all of the benefits, never work, never put a cent into the country and demand more. Yes this was once a great country with plenty of opportunity and a fair go, but the do gooder, hug the trees, save the earth, Greenies have had a small input into this great country and have done their best to kill this country and make the workers work harder to pay more and get less. We are now just a nanny state where you can't do anything for fun as you may get hurt or may upset or offend someone. Time to take a break and calm down as I could go on forever about the downfall of this once great country.

Mate you and me both. It just seems that the bloke in the middle pays for everyone else. Sometimes it does seem easier if you where on the dole. Free government houses for life, government money and no expectation to do better because the poor old worker will look after you. mean while we work harder and are expected to accept less. Anyway enough bitching. At least the weather is champion and the beer good so I Would still rather be here than any place else ;)

Back