• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

still good parts on 72 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLWELD488

Reaction score
My Car
1972 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE
This is what's left of my parts car after it is almost completely stripped, if you see something on it you could use let me know, I'm using windshield and wiring, if there is something not on car you may need let me know also, as I'm not using all parts for my build.

20141015_164032.jpg

20141015_160506.jpg

20141015_163953.jpg

I want the park light and bezel from the left side of the dash and the panel in front of the trunk lid to the convertible well opening.

ok I will check out panel tomorrow and let you know the shape,as for the light I think its fine.after I check panel we can work out a price.

the headlight switch may be broken, I can see a spring just turning in there when I turn it.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, if the rust under where the convertible well trim goes is just light rust or rusted thru?

That just makes me sad...
Makes me sad also
The amount of money it would take to make that shell usable - even before cutting it in half - would make your wallet sadder.

Then again, I've mercilessly cut a '73 Sportsroof into pieces before... ::devil::

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this car was already a basket case and broke in half, i only had to cut one side to get into two pieces, on the good side it was a running car with alot of options like air, tinted glass , tilt, and full instruments like tach and gages instead of lights.

Both fenders are toast and badly bend and rusted through, there is no seat belt light there was a park light in its place, as for the convertible top switch it is already gone.

I was gonna ask for the convertible top switch but I see it's already gone... :(

If it's still there I call dibs on the cigarette lighter!!

Even if it's nonfunctional, I only need it for looks as mine had only the empty socket when I got it.

Do you happen to have some windshield trim? It may be scratched because I would sand it anyway an have it powder coated black. I don't wanna use mine for that as it's too good.

So if you happen to have the trim and it looks to bad to go on a car it might still be just what I need.

I'll send you a PM too, just to make sure. :)

Interested in the chrome eyebrow/ fender extensions and the rubber fillers under them, also the passenger side dash appliqué with the seat belt light and glove box door if they're in good shape.

Back