1st drive in 22+ years

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
When I moved two months ago the brakes and transmission were both still not working correctly. The two mechanics helping me had driven her short distances but then the transmission crapped out. We tried to get her fixed but I was forced to leave her behind while they finished.

We drove back today for a funeral and I finally got to drive her. I felt 16 again. They have a few more things to fix but it will be home soon. She drove great! Now to convince my wife to go parking. My dad told me it had virgin seats, we'll see...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10100351226222251&l=4378471128163918645

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10100351243886851&l=1197504349306357944

It must feel awesome after all that time passing. Great looking car! Looking at the first video I see you have a little fan... future Mustang owner.
Thank you and yes both of my girls want the Mustang "when they get old enough". I told them that it was mine until I could not drive it anymore. Their response? "Grandad gave it to you". My response "Grandad is nicer than I am."

I could see me building or buying them newer ones when the time comes. They both love pointing out stangs as we drive around. Funny thing... They will not call a Mustang II a Mustang. Instead they call it the "fake Mustang". I did not put this in their head. :angel:

It must feel awesome after all that time passing. Great looking car! Looking at the first video I see you have a little fan... future Mustang owner.
Thank you and yes both of my girls want the Mustang "when they get old enough". I told them that it was mine until I could not drive it anymore. Their response? "Grandad gave it to you". My response "Grandad is nicer than I am."

I could see me building or buying them newer ones when the time comes. They both love pointing out stangs as we drive around. Funny thing... They will not call a Mustang II a Mustang. Instead they call it the "fake Mustang". I did not put this in their head. :angel:

Sounds like a great dad with two great girls!

I like the comment about Grandpa!

Ray

Car looks great..sounds nice..You must be on cloud 9..I'm in the same boat on the qcode just a bit longer than you, last time it was driven was 1988..Congrats & enjoy

Back