Austin Vert's Trunk Gased Up Update.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

Just wanted to do an update on my previous post regarding my trunk strut install on my '73 Vert.

To recap, if you want to install a rear deck spoiler on your Sportsroof or Vert, only to find the trunk lid won't stay open after you've installed it, then here's the answer to your prayers. Since i've initially posted, OBCOM123 (Nick), has very kindly stepped forward and shown me his recent install of the double strut setup on his '71 with pics!

Thanks man! His mini tutorial, shows the basic application to the Sportsroof's now as well as the classic Vert setup which i did. This setup for the Vert and the Sportsroof, has to be the way to go to solve this problem. It's a fairly straightforward install, and it WORKS. God bless you Austin! and thank you Nick!::goodjob::

Austin Vert's initial post -

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-get-s-his-trunk-gas-d-up

Nick's '71 new post & Pics -

obcom123 Wrote:

Hey there sir. Just wanted to let you know we have figured out the strut situation and it works great. The 71 has a nice little bolt which can be used to hold a custom bracket that can perfectly fit the purpose. Used a couple of 40 lb stunts and it works great.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your PM and feedback to me. I very pleased you had a win with the install, and the struts are working fine for you. If you are interested,and you have a little spare time, it would be great to see one or two pics on how it turned out. Don't go to any trouble if you haven't got the time though.

I'm so glad my idea was of good help to you.

All the best,

Greg.

Thank you .... Could not figure out how to post pics at first. Now that I have figured it out it might be time to share some of my build with the board. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I do like your posts they are always infirmative?

333veb8.jpg

imttar.jpg

Many thanks,

Greg.:)

Back