New factory style 71-73 power brake boosters announced

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So once again my timing is off by a couple of months.:p Thanks for posting the information. Chuck

Same here! Just did the front disc conversion about 2 months back and stuck with manual brakes. Looks like I might be going back in for an upgrade!

Good news on that score, however, Mark, the tech editor for the MM says, quote -

Owners of ’71-’73 Mustangs are certainly enjoying the current influx of Mustang reproduction parts. Some say it’s because all of the previous year models already have everything reproduced so the manufacturers are finally moving on to the ’71-’73 models. Well, if you ask owners of ’65-’70 Mustangs we’re sure there are still some parts that need to be reproduced, but we do tend to agree that the majority of the popular parts for ’65-’70 Mustangs are now in your favorite catalog. So yes, it is finally the ’71-’73 owners who are reaping the benefits of the aftermarket/reproduction parts segment, and for that we say it’s about time!

He must know something i don't. Is there a current influx of 123 repro parts coming on? If there is, i didn't pick up on it.:( Reality check tells me we still have a looooooooooong way to go to bridge the gap. That's my mail anyway. Also, as i have said before, quality control with a lot of the repro stuff leaves a lot to be desired as well.:s

Greg.:)

Good news on that score, however, Mark, the tech editor for the MM says, quote -

Owners of ’71-’73 Mustangs are certainly enjoying the current influx of Mustang reproduction parts. Some say it’s because all of the previous year models already have everything reproduced so the manufacturers are finally moving on to the ’71-’73 models. Well, if you ask owners of ’65-’70 Mustangs we’re sure there are still some parts that need to be reproduced, but we do tend to agree that the majority of the popular parts for ’65-’70 Mustangs are now in your favorite catalog. So yes, it is finally the ’71-’73 owners who are reaping the benefits of the aftermarket/reproduction parts segment, and for that we say it’s about time!

He must know something i don't. Is there a current influx of 123 repro parts coming on? If there is, i didn't pick up on it.:( Reality check tells me we still have a looooooooooong way to go to bridge the gap. That's my mail anyway. Also, as i have said before, quality control with a lot of the repro stuff leaves a lot to be desired as well.:s

Greg.:)
I seen quite a few big ticket items hit the market over the past couple of years. Door skins, cowl, and heater box just to name a few. Heck recently they even announced a full console.

I agree there is still more needed but we have seen more stuff hit the market. Of course it is usually right after I search the world and pay high dollar for an original part. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with Austin Vert on the lack of quality control in the are of reproduction parts. It is good to see these parts coming on line though. Time and customer experience will be the leading factor on if this is a quality product.

mustang7173 :-/

Gotta wonder if they'll offer them w the different bolt patterns.

I know theres at least two

Gotta wonder if they'll offer them w the different bolt patterns.

I know theres at least two
What is the difference?

I have only seen one bolt pattern for the booster and the pedal bracket

Don

Back