I sold my 73 in Macon, GA in 1987. :(

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huey130

Reaction score
My Car
1973 MaCh1
Medium copper metallic, factory 5-slot, 351-2v Cleveland, rim-blow steering wheel.

I sold it in 1986 and would like it back.
So in 1986 my dad hands me the keys to his friends 73 Mach 1 and a payment book printed out on a dot matrix printer for me to pay him back the $1,600. My first car! I was 17. About 6 hours later I was getting a ticket for laying drag. Hahahaha

When we found out how bad the front end was and that my bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly and working as a page in the library wouldn't cover the bill I sold it and bought a..... sigh..... a 1969 VW bug.

I remember the guy I sold it to was a youth minister in a town somewhere near Macon. That's all I got.

20qhogn.jpg

wt7j2w.jpg

It was a 73 MaCh 1. Medium copper metallic with ginger interior. 351 Cleveland 2V. Factory 5-slot mags, rim blow steering wheel, stripe on the side but nothing on the hood. It was sold out of Stone Mountain ford and I was the 3rd owner. One really weird thing that'll make you know it's mine. The rear shocks have big fender washers on the top mounts to help hold them in the body... Some idiot jumped some railroad tracks and punched them through... it was me. rofl

I've searched through the database to no avail. I'll definitely be roaming through here a lot though!

I appreciate David Fowler for seeing a craigslist ad I placed in Macon and telling me about this site!

Welcome to the site from Virginia. I moved your post to the "Introduction" forum so you will get the proper welcome from the members.

Any chance you may have the VIN stashed away somewhere on an old registration or insurance card or bill? Or maybe on that ticket you got! :)

Good luck with your search.

Post your VIN - The membership provided clues and past sales notices within a couple of hours! The trail for my old friend has gone cold but at least there were some later pictures from after I sold it.

Welcome from West Virginia! I have buddy that built a place in Macon he is stationed at Warner Robbins

Good Luck! from just up the road in Kennesaw.

Welcome to a great forum. I can't help with the '73 but maybe I have your bug:huh:
My 69 burned to the ground on the side of I-75. I traded the running gear for a transmission for the 74 SuperBeetle I bought to replace it. Hahahaha

Thanks all of y'all!

I don't have the VIN. I remember going to the library and decoding it at work after school one day.

Trainy I think I see yours go past my shop every now and then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that stone mountain dealer still in business? Since my car is from there i wonder if they would have any records.

1971 M-code Mach 1
I believe it's called Five Star Ford now

So in 1986 my dad hands me the keys to his friends 73 Mach 1 and a payment book printed out on a dot matrix printer for me to pay him back the $1,600. My first car! I was 17. About 6 hours later I was getting a ticket for laying drag. Hahahaha

When we found out how bad the front end was and that my bagging groceries at the Piggly Wiggly and working as a page in the library wouldn't cover the bill I sold it and bought a..... sigh..... a 1969 VW bug.

I remember the guy I sold it to was a youth minister in a town somewhere near Macon. That's all I got.

20qhogn.jpg

wt7j2w.jpg

It was a 73 MaCh 1. Medium copper metallic with ginger interior. 351 Cleveland 2V. Factory 5-slot mags, rim blow steering wheel, stripe on the side but nothing on the hood. It was sold out of Stone Mountain ford and I was the 3rd owner. One really weird thing that'll make you know it's mine. The rear shocks have big fender washers on the top mounts to help hold them in the body... Some idiot jumped some railroad tracks and punched them through... it was me. rofl

I've searched through the database to no avail. I'll definitely be roaming through here a lot though!

I appreciate David Fowler for seeing a craigslist ad I placed in Macon and telling me about this site!

Glad you found the site and hope you can find the car if not you might find one just like it.

Jumping the RR tracks sounds like something I would do that was probably what killed the front end. I had to change ball joints twice in 12,000 miles on mine due to autocross, slid into curb, and one jump by accident.

Keep looking for the VIN I turn up old papers here all the time.

David

Back