• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wheels & BFG tires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71steed

Reaction score
My Car
66 GT coupe
67 GTA convertible
69 Fastback, Boss 429 clone
69 GT coupe
71 Sports coupe
71 Mach 1
73 Mach 1
Just picked up a car with 4 aluminum slotted wheels for 73 and newer Mustangs. These are the real ones. They all have the center caps. I will take pictures after I post this. Email me at [email protected] for pictures. I also have two sets of Magnum 500's with BFG tires.

Just picked up a car with 4 aluminum slotted wheels for 73 and newer Mustangs.  These are the real ones.  They all have the center caps.  I will take pictures after I post this.  Email me at [email protected] for pictures.  I also have two sets of Magnum 500's with BFG tires.
Taking a chance here - you still have the slotted wheels?

Just picked up a car with 4 aluminum slotted wheels for 73 and newer Mustangs.  These are the real ones.  They all have the center caps.  I will take pictures after I post this.  Email me at [email protected] for pictures.  I also have two sets of Magnum 500's with BFG tires.

I would like the slots (aluminum mags)

Pm me

Or me

At the April Mustang show at the Charlotte speedway there was a nice set for sale. I think Virginia Mustang had them. Here is pic for reference they were asking $800 for the four with center caps but no lugs.

At the spring swap meet the other set was for sale for $100 for all. I did not buy went back next day and he did not come back to the swap meet.

I use to get them for $10.00 each in the 70's & 80's when everyone wanted wider wheels.

There are three different versions of them. The Mustang and Maverick are the same wheel with different center caps. There were to others that went on Mercury models and have a larger center hole to clear the larger axle and spindle hubs.

The wheels were never polished and did not have clear coat on them either. They were diamond high speed turned in lathe. I checked on getting mine refaced for my Mach 1 in the MOM and it was stupid expensive, several hundred per wheel so I just polished.

The screws are broke often that hold the caps on. 8-32 if I remember correct. The good think is they did drill the holes all the way through so you can drill from the back side and also soak with penetrating oil. I used stainless going back and put anti seize on the screws. The original caps have 5 screw holes. Some late Ford service had three holes. They repo them and have black or red centers. Red was all that came from the factory.

I need lugs if anyone has any not repoed that I can find.

chemical name of alcl3

Back