Dealer Pics From 1972

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
2011 Mustang GT
My 72 was originally shipped to and sold at Holiday Ford in Sunnyvale, CA. Has anybody ever searched for this dealer's history and maybe some old pics? I can't seem to find much online so maybe I'd be better off contacting the dealer.

If anybody on here can find or has every come across old pics of Holiday Ford, now called Sunnyvale Ford let me know!

::thumb::

Here are a couple of items I found online..

This one has a dealer brochure with their mailer stamp to possibly re-create one for your car:

Holiday Ford brochure.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-FORD-MUSTANG-18-pg-Sales-Dealer-BROCHURE-Holiday-Ford-Sunnyvale-California-/391677860374?hash=item5b31d1da16:g:JGUAAOSwt5hYe76F&vxp=mtr

These are just some (pricey) tag frames:

Holiday Ford Ca.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-San-Fernando-California-J-Saunders-Holiday-Ford-Vintage-License-Plate-Frame-/121730525050?hash=item1c57b4677a:g:eooAAOSwDNdVzQAW

Holiday Ford 2.jpg

Dig dig dig! I have been very lucky with my cars and will be happy to help others!

Ray

In 1984 I purchased the 20th. ann mustang at the local dealership. I think it was 1985 I went to the dealership and ask the salesman that I have worked with if I could get the dealer invoice. He said sure and he took me to an attic space over the showroom. There were bankers boxes by the hundreds. We found the 84 invoice and I asked how far do these go back and he said to when the dealer opened. So we went digging and found the box with the dealer invoice for my 1973 Mach 1 that I ordered there and he pulled it and gave it to me. You never know about the dealerships some keep stuff and so do not but doesn't hurt to ask.

That 70 Mustang brochure is an awesome find! I wish I could find one for a 72! I'd snatch that up in a second.

Also as for original documentation I still have not done a tear down on the interior of this car. Hopefully I will find a build sheet when I do. That would be very very cool!

You guys inspired me to do some digging of my own tonight and here is what I found...a pic of Holiday Ford. Not sure what year this is from but probably late 60's or early 70's. Too bad there are no Mustangs parked out front in this pic.

HolidayFordSunnyvaleCA.JPG

That 70 Mustang brochure is an awesome find! I wish I could find one for a 72! I'd snatch that up in a second.

Also as for original documentation I still have not done a tear down on the interior of this car. Hopefully I will find a build sheet when I do. That would be very very cool!

You guys inspired me to do some digging of my own tonight and here is what I found...a pic of Holiday Ford. Not sure what year this is from but probably late 60's or early 70's. Too bad there are no Mustangs parked out front in this pic.

As for a similar brochure but for your car's year - PM me.

That pic of the dealership (great find) is from about 1965 or 1966.

Dory movie saying, Just keep swimming/digging! LOL

Its definately worth doing some google searchs. I found the grandson of the original dealer where my car was sold and got some great info from him as well as some original headed note paper

I had a friend whose dad worked there in the 70's and it appears my Shelby was originally ordered from them.  I think the only thing I

have left from them are some matchbooks.  I will try to find them and post photos....

The car I restored for a guy last winter had a bumper sticker from the original Ford dealer he bought it from in Texas. Since he was replacing the bumpers he was pretty bummed out that he would lose the sticker. So I found a guy locally that could print the sticker and one of our fellow members did some photoshop work for me and we were able to recreate the sticker exactly. I surprised the guy with the sticker in place on his new bumper when he came to pick up the car.

Since we are bringing in other things than dealer pics here is a license frame from the dealership that my 67' was sold at new in Fresno,CA.  Found it on eBay last year and snatched it up quick.  I have hunted high and low for stuff from Ogden Ford in Ogden,UT where my 72 was originally sold.  The dealership was sold to another ford dealer in the late 70's (Westfield Ford I think).  Nothing left with them. I also placed an ad on Craigslist in Ogden with no luck either.  The hunt continues.

license frame2.jpg

67 outside3v2 092709.JPG

I had a friend whose dad worked there in the 70's and it appears my Shelby was originally ordered from them.  I think the only thing I

have left from them are some matchbooks.  I will try to find them and post photos....

Those are pretty cool for sure!  Would you be willing to part with any of those matchbooks?

Back