• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOS Correct Thermostat for 351 C Engine 192 deg.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I hope these are the right ones I think they are.

Today I got into an local parts house that has been closed for many years, probably 25 years. The inventory of course if just the old products. I ask about the thermostat for 351 C and they had them in the Stant brand made by Purolator back in the day. The part # is S 333 192 so they are 192 deg. which is what I always used. They had 180 deg. also but did not get any of them .

I got 10 of them and will part with 7 of them for $25.00 each. The replacements on ebay that work are over $60.00. So if interested shoot me PM and I will sell first come first served. Will do pay pal and you pay shipping. They also had rag joints that I need to check to verify if correct or not.

Anything else anyone interested in looking for? I did get a Victor full gasket set for 351 C and it included the metal full pan intake gasket.

There is thousands of parts for sure most will be sold on ebay but I will ask if you need specific parts. Have all makes of vehicles full parts house that was a NAPA store.

David

You "got into" an old parts store? Did you use a bump key or crowbar? :p  Chuck

Used my cordless drill took the metal off side of building, lol.

If someone sent PM or tried I was over my limit I cleared some out so should be able to send now.

If you ever see an old store closed up do some research you might be surprised on what you can get for free. I missed out on the old Studebaker dealership in Marshal N.C. back in the 80's. I was going to lunch with a guy in his pickup and notice a chrome piece in the bed. Was a hood ornament for a 50's Studebaker. The owner of the building paid him to take truck loads of the old parts to the dump and toss them along with all the old manuals and parts books. He wanted the building empty so he could rent it. Some people see old car parts a junk some do not.

This place is now being sold off piece by piece some on ebay some over the counter like to me. I will go back for sure.

If you google the part number on these it takes you to the $65.00 replacements. They are hard to find for sure and only one that is correct for the Cleveland 351.

David

Used my cordless drill took the metal off side of building, lol.

If someone sent PM or tried I was over my limit I cleared some out so should be able to send now.

If you ever see an old store closed up do some research you might be surprised on what you can get for free. I missed out on the old Studebaker dealership in Marshal N.C. back in the 80's. I was going to lunch with a guy in his pickup and notice a chrome piece in the bed. Was a hood ornament for a 50's Studebaker. The owner of the building paid him to take truck loads of the old parts to the dump and toss them along with all the old manuals and parts books. He wanted the building empty so he could rent it. Some people see old car parts a junk some do not.

This place is now being sold off piece by piece some on ebay some over the counter like to me. I will go back for sure.

If you google the part number on these it takes you to the $65.00 replacements. They are hard to find for sure and only one that is correct for the Cleveland 351.

David
David,Send you a pm.

I need 2 please.

Thanks,

Curtis

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

eddyw will get the last one if the previous member backs out.

THEY ARE ALL GONE AND I WENT BACK AND SHE ONLY HAD ONE MORE SO I GOT IT ALSO.

I did get a water pump for 351 C and she has a dress up kit from TRW for 351 C for $65,00 has chrome valve covers, wire looms, extended valve cover studs with tee handles and filler cap.

If any of you are flathead guys she has NOS Felpro for 48 back 25 stud and Victor for 49 - 53 gasket sets. I think the Felpro was $169 so not cheap. Victor also over $100 and had steel head gaskets with fiber middle. I did not open the Felpro.

Guy came in while was there to get some Moog front end parts for Corvette that he could not find anywhere else.

I will keep eye out for more.

David

Back