Craigslist Searching Tips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitssjca

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I thought I might share some search tips here to help you get better results from Craigslist.

This first search will get you results that include the word 'mustang' and any of the years whether they include the 19 prefix or not. For those of you who are search literate, this is Craigslist 'OR' statement.

mustang (1971|71|1972|72|1973|73)

The second search looks for the engine sizes I'm interested in but excludes those pesky chevy's.

(302|351|427) -chevy -corvette

I also use a product called Craigslist Reader Pro. This program allows me to store searches and will send me a notification if something I'm searching for is posted.

I hope this is helpful to others.

I thought I might share some search tips here to help you get better results from Craigslist.

This first search will get you results that include the word 'mustang' and any of the years whether they include the 19 prefix or not. For those of you who are search literate, this is Craigslist 'OR' statement.

mustang (1971|71|1972|72|1973|73)

The second search looks for the engine sizes I'm interested in but excludes those pesky chevy's.

(302|351|427) -chevy -corvette

I also use a product called Craigslist Reader Pro. This program allows me to store searches and will send me a notification if something I'm searching for is posted.

I hope this is helpful to others.
Hay that works go

Nice! I use Search Tempest for Craigslist, no notifications, but quick search with in a certain radius of my zip code.

I'll have to try those and that's for the "or" tip. I usually just type mustang.

Here's another craigslist search...

Statewidelist.com

This Google trick works real well:

1973 Mustang site:craigslist.org

It will find all adds nationwide that have 1973 Mustang in it.

If you check goolgles more search tools and then set it for in the last week only you only get the freshest adds.

I am looking for a 1961 Starliner and I search for them every few days this way.

Paul

I'll have to try those and that's for the "or" tip. I usually just type mustang.

Here's another craigslist search...

Statewidelist.com

How do I save this thread... this is good stuff!!!
Email it to yourself!!! Or, set it as a bookmark.

I like the google search.

crazedlist.org

Let's you select regions or states near you. That is how I got my motor on the cheap in Las Vegas.

Don't know if it can sort by date.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazedlist.org

Let's you select regions or states near you. That is how I got my motor on the cheap in Las Vegas.

Thanks... I didnt scroll far enough down to see the bookmark option

crazedlist.org

Thanks... I didnt scroll far enough down to see the bookmark option
Good tip Wolverine; I never noticed the "add to favorites" link either.

Back