Howdy All

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72Q-code

Reaction score
My Car
72 Q-code Mach 1, 351C 4 speed.

72 F Mach 1, 302 Automatic W/air.
Another 71-3 geek signing on here. I have owned three of the large bodies over the years, and still have two of them. The two are polar opposites. I have a low mileage 72 (the red one) with a 302, automatic, and working A/C. I am the second owner of this car, which I bought in 1992.

I also have a 72 Q-code (seem to be bunch of those being restored here) that is in the restoration phase as well. It has a 4 speed with 3:91 gears, no A/C!

Here is a dated picture of both cars happily together.

stangs.jpg

I started "freshening up the engine compartment" on the Q-code in 2002. That led to engine removal:

engine_out.JPG

Some shock tower repair, inner fender aprons, rad support etc. etc. replacement stretched into 2005:

dec_top_view.JPG

Finally on New Years Day of 2006 I painted the front end and reassembly commenced:

painted.JPG

My fist of two kids arrived shortly after that pic was taken, and well the Mustang has been neglected since. That is all changing now, and I vow to drive it this spring. I plan on leveraging this site as a support/motivating tool. First step is the white elephant exchange!

So that's me. The link to my Q-code "car domain” restoration site is in my sig which has plenty of pics (we all like pics). Glad to be here.

~Jim

Welcome to the forums! Great looking pair of Mustangs! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome.

Awesome cars you have there. Great job with that engine compartment.

WELCOME aboard!

You have obviously "paid your dues" with two OUTSTANDING examples of the Ford Mustang. I really appreciate your posting up the pictures of your "under construction."

I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

BT

Another 71-3 geek signing on here. I have owned three of the large bodies over the years, and still have two of them. The two are polar opposites. I have a low mileage 72 (the red one) with a 302, automatic, and working A/C. I am the second owner of this car, which I bought in 1992.

I also have a 72 Q-code (seem to be bunch of those being restored here) that is in the restoration phase as well. It has a 4 speed with 3:91 gears, no A/C!

Here is a dated picture of both cars happily together.

I started "freshening up the engine compartment" on the Q-code in 2002. That led to engine removal:

Some shock tower repair, inner fender aprons, rad support etc. etc. replacement stretched into 2005:

Finally on New Years Day of 2006 I painted the front end and reassembly commenced:

My fist of two kids arrived shortly after that pic was taken, and well the Mustang has been neglected since. That is all changing now, and I vow to drive it this spring. I plan on leveraging this site as a support/motivating tool. First step is the white elephant exchange!

So that's me. The link to my Q-code "car domain” restoration site is in my sig which has plenty of pics (we all like pics). Glad to be here.

~Jim
Love those big boys! Welcome !

hey great work on the front end, keep us posted on the progress, welcome to the site

Welcome to the spot. I'm working my way back up to the front of the car. Just finished, kindof, the rear end and am now knee deep in floor pans. I have found this site to be my motivation to really make this restoration happen.....after 16 years delay. Same problem as most of these guys, bought a Mustang to get a girl, got the girl, married the girl, then came kids. Now kids are teenagers and have other things to do. Now so do I....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back